Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

The most expensive tattoo I ever got cost close to $1,000 and its most of my back (color). The deposit that they want is more than that. It is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    That is highway robbery! The most intricate tattoos in the world cost a mere fraction of that price. I can’t believe Artistry Concepts has the audacity to charge those prices for a head tattoo that will look like crap in a few years!!!! This is outrageous!

I do have to qualify that. The "procedure" is a lot less expensive if you do not have surgical scars. ca. $2000-$3000 and less if you have more hair of course. They know how desperate men will pay ANYTHING to have their hair back or the appearance thereof. Preying on the desperate is a brilliant tactic if you have absolutely no moral compass, no sense of right or wrong, no heart at all. Preying on the desperate is despicable especially on those who will never come out in public and make accusations for fear of horrible embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    That is highway robbery! The most intricate tattoos in the world cost a mere fraction of that price. I can’t believe Artistry Concepts has the audacity to charge those prices for a head tattoo that will look like crap in a few years!!!! This is outrageous!

I have been shedding the last couple months awhole lot. I don't get it. How long do normal sheds last and can the hair that you lose real quick grow back? How could a couple months be so noticeable? Anybody with the same issue?

Default sudden hair loss

I was injured pretty badly in 08. My hair had been not thick but thick enough to look fine with a bit of toppik until then. After the injury I started to shed like crazy. I lost as much hair in about a month as I had over the past 10 years in one fell swoop. It was shocking.

This is pre-injury (but with toppik)

This is post injury

Obviously my hair is shaved in the after picture, but it is buzzed b/c grown out it was not thick enough anymore to support the toppik fibers. They just cascaded down my face.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    I have been shedding the last couple months awhole lot. I don't get it. How long do normal sheds last and can the hair that you lose real quick grow back? How could a couple months be so noticeable? Anybody with the same issue?

Default further qualification

I have to further qualify what I wrote earlier. The price I listed was purely speculative. It seems to me now after poring over the sight for a very long time (I have obviously been thinking about this for a couple of months) that the price is assessed on a case by case basis. The only way to know how much it costs is to send in detailed photographs of your head from all angles and to include photos of scars if there are any. The scars obviously have a lot to do with price determination b/c the artist has to do his work on scar tissue which is not always very friendly to the needle and makes things a whole lot more difficult. Having spent almost 2 months looking over the sights of the places that offer this or a similar type of service and staring and staring at the photos they have posted I am convinced that AC really knows what they are doing. The video from Slovakian TV really impresses me.

I've changed my view on AC as far as the money goes. I really don't think that they're predators like the big hair piece clubs or certain unscrupulous surgeons . As I've mentioned many times before my surgeon was a very moral guy when it came to the whole HT. I mean he did almost everything to just try and get rid of me because he suspected that my expectations were not realistic. I get the exact same vibe from AC. I mean their site tells you that if you have had a HT NOT TO EXPECT the same results that you would get had you not had the procedure. Those are not the words of a predatory "we just want your money" type of operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I do have to qualify that. The "procedure" is a lot less expensive if you do not have surgical scars. ca. $2000-$3000 and less if you have more hair of course. They know how desperate men will pay ANYTHING to have their hair back or the appearance thereof. Preying on the desperate is a brilliant tactic if you have absolutely no moral compass, no sense of right or wrong, no heart at all. Preying on the desperate is despicable especially on those who will never come out in public and make accusations for fear of horrible embarassment.

Default qualification

I was completely off about price. It is entirely case to case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I am a HT victim. Bad strip scar and very little coverage on top. I have been in contact with AC. Have been e-mailing back and forth for about a week. The procedure for HT disasters is between $6500-$8500. I told her that I would need a lot of time to do more research and get back to them. I live reasonably close so I've considered actually driving down there and checking out the head of someone who's actually had it done. I won't shell out that kind of money and take that kind of risk before I actually see someone who's had it done. No way.

It seems his hair clinic has now also opened in the US.

By the way jack21; I think your hair looks very good in the post shed picture above. The short hair style suits you and you still have a nice hairline that frames the face.
    If you say that you are not able to grow it out then I believe you. But you should not feel bad about your appearance. If there is a bad strip scar in the back why don't you try scalp pigmentation (however I would never try permanent tattooing over it in case you are not happy or it looks weird down the line).

Also is another HT out of the question?

I am still thinking about getting a HT, I know that since I am balding in a NW6 pattern I would not get super density, but maybe it would still be enough. And at the end of the day if the worst case scenario would happen and I have depleted my donor and can't have another HT then I would probably get the scalp pigmentation over the scar and fill out my scalp as well.
    I reckon that if the pigment is just used to add density where there is already hair - that it looks really good!

End of the day - choice is yours. But from that picture I think your hair alreday looks really good - but I understand if the scar in the back is bothering you.

Default best option

If I had it to do over again - as I have said a million times before - I would NEVER have gotten a HT. Another procedure would be absolutely out of the question. I've even been advised by a physician that although there are surgical means of disguising a strip scar, "medical tattooing" would be my best option. I always advise against HT. It has really made my life miserable. It was my decision, however. I blame no one but myself, but I wish every single day of my life that I could go back and undo what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    By the way jack21; I think your hair looks very good in the post shed picture above. The short hair style suits you and you still have a nice hairline that frames the face.
    If you say that you are not able to grow it out then I believe you. But you should not feel bad about your appearance. If there is a bad strip scar in the back why don't you try scalp pigmentation (however I would never try permanent tattooing over it in case you are not happy or it looks weird down the line).

I am still thinking about getting a HT, I know that since I am balding in a NW6 pattern I would not get super density, but maybe it would still be enough. And at the end of the day if the worst case scenario would happen and I have depleted my donor and can't have another HT then I would probably get the scalp pigmentation over the scar and fill out my scalp as well.
    I reckon that if the pigment is just used to add density where there is already hair - that it looks really good!

End of the day - choice is yours. But from that picture I think your hair alreday looks really good - but I understand if the scar in the back is bothering you.

Also, Gubter, I'm not sure but i think that in the after picture I have a bit of thickening spray in my hair. Its either that or the angle that makes my hair appear thicker than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post