Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    jholcollege11

Thanks DBen, I appreciate it. Good luck to you as well.

Dben..could you post a current picture?..I also have extensive scarring form old plug removal and had this procedure last year..the problem is that the ink looks different in a scar..it looks OK but not great..I only did it on the top because i wear a piece but would love to get rid of that thing! Still trying to decide if I want to do the back and sides..I do not want to say where I went but was realy curious of your outcome since our situations are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by mep0812 View Post
    Dben..could you post a current picture?..I also have extensive scarring form old plug removal and had this procedure last year..the problem is that the ink looks different in a scar..it looks OK but not great..I only did it on the top because i wear a piece but would love to get rid of that thing! Still trying to decide if I want to do the back and sides..I do not want to say where I went but was realy curious of your outcome since our situations are very similar.
    This picture was taken 10 days after procedure. But again it needed more time to lighten up. I will send a closeup picture when its finally done.
    Attached Images

jholcollege11

Good pic, it looks good.

Mep, the ink will look diffefrent in the scars. Remeber the scar doesnt have the same pigmentation as the other part of the skin without scaring. There is nothing we can do. It does improve alot though. You dont know how much i regret getting this hair transplant in the 80's it has ruined my life, if i can only go back in time!

Quote Originally Posted by jholcollege11 View Post
    Good pic, it looks good.
    After wearing a hair piece for over 20 years...it is a big change. But psychologically to tell you the truth i still dont feel comfortable going out without my cap. Hey its over 20 years of trauma! but i do go outside and get my mail without a cap though. Its a start

jholcollege11

Yea I think we get so attatched to our security things like hair pieces, or caps that when we get something like SMP done our mind is still telling us we need to hide our head even though you now look like you have hair but choose to shave your head. That's all im trying to achieve with smp. I know once I have it done I will still carry my hat everywhere like I do now, until I get used to it. Glad it worked out for you at AC.

Ok here is my back part where you can see the old scars from the big hair plugs from the 80's awful
    Attached Images

also if you look closely there are also little rounds scars from the darn FUE's they are more nboticeable on the sides where they removed the most

Default sorry for very delayed response

Hey jhol,

The reason I never responded is that I had no idea anyone had responded to my post from December. I really don't want to get into an argument or anything like that with you since I have been EXACTLY where you are now and I understand very well the emotions that are involved with this process. Its a huge decision, and taking one's time and exploring all of one's options is the right way to go about things.

Let me assure you that I am not now nor have I ever been employed by AC. When I was exploring my options about 18 months ago I visited the websites of all the places that perform what is termed "micropigmentation" or the 350 variants thereof. HIS had some great looking pictures, but the resolution was not great nor was the lighting. AC had pictures that could be blown up to twice life size and enabled one to scrutinize every last hair follicle on a client's head. That was encouraging.

I decided that the only way to determine which place was right for me (if any of them) would be to see actual results in person inches from the head of clients. As I was most impressed by AC I flew down to S. Fla last spring to have a look in person (I have family down there so I made a vacation of it). I had the opportunity to see two men who had undergone the AC procedure. The first was the technician who had had his done about one year before and the second was a gentleman who was still on the table, having the finishing touches added.

There is no substitute for seeing the results with your own eyes up close. I remember thinking to myself "If I can end up looking half as good as either of these guys I'd be the happiest man on earth"

I was convinced that this was the right path for me and scheduled an appointment for the early summer. I was nervous as all hell, don't get me wrong, but I was excited.

The people at AC on the phone are all business, and I can see how one might interpret their very matter of fact attitude as not being "warm and fuzzy". In person they are some of the nicest, most down to earth, and pleasant people I've ever met while still being consummate professionals.

Look if you want to see what mine looks like from every angle imaginable you are welcome to come down to Texas to have a look. I mean, honestly, price cannot be a determining factor in this.

When my procedure was done my crown was filled in completely and the "follicles" taken well down into my growing hair. Further hair loss is anticipated for in the AC procedure.

After I had it done I was astonished. I couldn't believe how real it looked, but I thought that I might be deceiving myself. I waited until I went to visit my mother and sister for the final verdict. My sister is the most brutally honest person on earth and was actually very much opposed to my getting the procedure done. When my sister saw it she said that there was absolutely no way anyone could ever tell that what I had on my head wasn't stubble. My mother said something about Mark deserving a Nobel Prize for what he did.

I was still in the habit of wearing a hat when I could, but my sister kept knocking the cap off my head and saying "you don't need that stupid hat anymore". We were in the airport and she kept yanking it off my head until I just kept it off.

Fast forward to January and my brother was about to get married. I was the best man, and to be perfectly honest despite my mom, my dad, and most importantly my sister telling me that it looked completely real I was still a tiny bit nervous standing up there in front of all those people - and in natural light (it was on the beach in Mexico). Over the course of the days leading up to the wedding we were all hanging out by the pool, and I had my shades on and did my utmost to gauge people's reactions to my hairline. I can honestly swear that not one person looked at my hairline or any other part of my head askance.

After the wedding when the booze was flowing a couple of girls came up to me and said "Why do you keep your hair so short?" or "Why don't you let that hair grow out?" Honestly that is the "worst" feedback that I have gotten from this whole thing.

I understand that this is a nerve wracking time. It is a huge decision and you want to gather all the information you can. There is no substitute for seeing results first hand. I guess this forum has a personal message thing. Please feel free to message me and I'll give you my facebook acct and send you pictures of my head from pretty much every possible angle and I can answer any other questions you may have.

I think the greatest testament to how happy I am with the AC procedure is the fact that I have been on this forum twice in the past 6 months. When I was doing my research I was on here every single day. Now its just not an issue in my life. I may not be as "pretty" as I was when I had hair 2 inches long, but I do look exactly like I did for all those years that I kept my head shaved in the army.

Yours,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jholcollege11 View Post
    Jack- I guess your non-response reveals you are either one of the 3- AC employees or you are now very angry about poor results. Either way, something stinks in Florida. The only good reviews I've read on them, are the posts they post themselves pretending to be happy clients. On one forum a poster was actually traced back to their lobby, and when confronted by the administrator, they claimed that their customer was so thrilled with his results that he couldn't wait to post his glowing recomendation from their own AC computer. WOW! Seriously? Do they think everyone is stupid? My thing is, both HIS and Good Look Ink are very adament about the potential client meeting former clients who have had the work done. That is confidence in a finished product. Good look ink owner told me that I needed to see the results in person--now I understand that this could also be a sales tactic knowing that if a desperate balding man comes all the way up there it will be that much harder to walk out the door without having anything done. I had it narrowed to the three of these companies, but AC is not an option anymore. They say they cannot produce clients for us to see b/c "they are so happy with their results that they are busing enjoying their new look." Also not one pic on their website shows an angle from behind the head revealing the crown area. I read one post stating that their own tech who has had the procedure has a big bald horshoe on back of his head. This same person also said that he flew all the way down to FLA and Mark, the owner, was very rude to him b/c he was early. Now I am not sure if this was just someone from a competitor company just bashing them, but I do know that when I called them I got NO help and the employee's attitude really turned me off. Not to mention that the man that answered the phone is the guy that Gale (President) said would be doing my procedure. I need a legit professional business. I am just a guy that wants this procedure to add density and restore hairline, and it is so hard to find anything out without "Attack of the Shills." I live in New Orleans and I will fly to Minnesota in May to visit GLI, b/c they seem to be the real deal. Anyway, I think it is really a shame that so many companies out there take advantage of people for thousands of dollars and sleep fine at night.