+ Reply to Thread

Default ARTAS FUE 1665 Grafts - Ken Anderson MD, Atlanta

Clinical History:
    Jason’s initial consultation with me was back in February of 2015 at the age of 33. His friend had an ARTAS® procedure with me in 2013 and was thrilled with the results, so he referred his friend Jason to the Anderson Center for Hair for evaluation and treatment. Jason told me at our initial consultation that his hair loss made him look older than he felt on the inside. He said that his hair loss was affecting how he felt about himself professionally, and that his hair loss was preventing him from advancing up the corporate ladder as he was passed up for promotions.

Clinical Decision Making:
    Jason is 33 years old, making preventive therapy more important than if he was, say, 63, as he has many more years of life to enjoy, and years of hair loss to manage than a 63 year old. We spent a significant amount of time discussing the importance of preventive therapy in a man his age, and discussed Propecia®, Rogaine®, platelet-rich plasma with ACell® (PRP with ACell®) therapy, as well as low level laser therapy (LLLT). He elected to start the following preventive therapy:
    1) Propecia® 1mg tabs. One tab per mouth once per day.
    2) Laser Cap® LLLT Therapy: Wear cap 3 times a week for 30 minutes per session.

He also elected to proceed with an FUE procedure with me, using the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant System. We reviewed the need to trim his hair for the procedure, as well what would be accomplished on the pre-operative day, as well as how his surgery day would go. He was given pre-operative instructions and all of his questions were answered in full.

Surgical Intervention:
    Jason had one single ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant Procedure in May of 2015. We completed his hair restoration with 1,655 grafts to the following areas: frontal forelock, frontal hairline, and bilateral temporal recessions. He was surprised at how effortless and pain-free the entire procedure was, and commented that it was “less painful than having your teeth cleaned at the dentist.” In addition to the ARTAS® procedure, just like every surgical patient at the Anderson Center for Hair, he also had a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with ACell® treatment, as well as micro-needling to a depth of 1mm in the recipient area using some of his platelet-poor plasma (PPP) at the time of procedure. The remainder of his PPP was used on the implanted grafts following the procedure. I feel the benefits of a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with ACell® treatment in conjunction with a hair restoration procedure are so positive for the wound healing that I don’t operate without using PRP unless a patient specifically declines; there is no extra charge for a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with ACell® treatment with any hair restoration surgery at my center.

Results:
    These pictures were taken 37 weeks (about 8 months) following his ARTAS® FUE procedure in February of 2016. Jason is very happy with his new hair, and even texted me a picture of himself on his way to his new job! He states the hair gave him confidence to make a career switch. He credits his new hair, but in reality it is simply that his self-confidence has returned, and his self-image is positive. He now projects much more positivity, and that has helped him to change his life for the better. He will continue the preventive therapy of Propecia® and low level laser therapy (LLLT) with a Laser Cap® brand LLLT device to limit future hair loss.

See full album:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=1235

Great result!

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors