+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair systems - how realistic does the hairline look?

It's one of my biggest questions tbh.

I'm 22 and a diffuse thinner. Currently I'm keeping the Norwood 7age at bay with Finasteride and throwing in hair thickening fibers (amazing!!!) to look decent. However, already I just hate how my hair looks. I can only really wear it in one style now because of where the thinning and receding is worst. I also don't like the idea of being on Fin long-term, and would happily wean myself off it once I get a stable-enough job down to afford the systems.

What I want to ask is though, exactly how realistic does it look? Feel free to post photos if you feel comfortable with it. Has someone who didn't know you before you started wearing it ever clocked that it's fake?

And a perhaps more naive question - If it's not as natural as I'd like, is it a possibility to transplant in a low/thick hairline I can grow, and then blend the system behind it for more natural-looking results? I'm fully aware that means life-long commitment to wearing systems so I definitely wouldn't rush into that or do it, again, without having a stable job. I just want to ask if it's possible. Also, I could care less about my hairline looking natural when I'm older, I just want to look good while I'm young and supposed to.

Thanks for reading

from very to not depending on the results. I know thats vague and unhelpful, but its true. Get it right and its great, but Ive seen some shockers posted

I have a couple of photos of my system which I don't mind sharing, but I don't want to put them up on the Net. If your interested email me at keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com

happy to do the same. terimon at hotmail dot co dot uk

Thanks guys, it'll be ok I think, I've seen some amazing ones since I last posted actually so I feel ok now about potentially getting one in future.

I feel like I need to re-clarify my question though (my own fault, I wasn't clear what I meant before). The hairlines themselves can look pretty realistic. However, what bothers me (and this is partly why I'd maybe consider transplanting in my own hairline back in front of the system), is that a lot of the hair system hairlines seem really high up and far back on the guy's head, like almost still resembling a receding hairline. If I was older that would be fine, but I'm in my early 20s, so tbh I'd want a system with a hairline that's relatively lower with more "youthful" shape to it. I'm assuming this isn't possible, going on what I've seen, because I don't think I've ever seen one like that. I'm just wondering if that actually is possible?

I guess at the end of the day, a high/receding hairline is better than being completely bald, but it's not that ideal for me or what I really want at this point. I know I have to be realistic, it's never going to be the tiny 1.5-inch crazy Zayn Malik ass forehead (and I don't want it to be actually, that wouldn't suit me), but I just want it to look youthful and like it's not receding.

There is no reason why the hairline needs to be high up. Mine isn't high at all. You must just have come across high ones by coincidence. There is a correct location for where the hairline should be, which you can see by raising your eyebrows. The place where the scalp is no longer wrinkling is where your original natural hairline was. You can't have the system hairline any lower than that, but you can choose to have it higher (eg if you are already visibly receded and you want an imperceptible transition to a system).

I was initially told 3 or 4 finger widths up is the norm for younger guys.

Its probably best to find a good supplier than can see your or your pics and best advice.

I found these guys helpful when I first ordered and Im still with them:

www.ukhairsystems.com

Ok, thank you guys, this clears a lot up for me Lots of good stuff on that website, I'll definitely think about contacting them.

I'm pleasantly surprised looking at the prices on that website, it's actually somewhat more affordable than I thought it would be. I honestly thought I'd be forking out 2-3 times that amount for a good hair system, before even considering the cost of products and maintenance on top of that. I also see that I can do long hair again, which I'm ecstatic about, because one thing that really upset me about my hair thinning was that I had to chop my long hair off. I'll start short until I'm used to the maintenance of it while slowly "growing" my hair out I think.

I don't really mind if people can see my hairline has suddenly lowered slightly. I don't care if people know my hair is replaced, I've been pretty open about my hair loss with my friends, I just want it to look as natural as possible.

I'm really happy I'm feeling great about potentially getting started on this, hopefully next year. A full hair transplant isn't an option for me since I'm a diffuse thinner, and hair systems can have an overall thicker effect too by the looks of things.