+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Derma rolling with topicals. Skin wants hairy skin!

Hi everyone!

I have decided to take the plunge into derma rolling. Having seen many posts and threads on the subject I feel the results that have been seen are worth aspiring too. My routine at this point won't be following the swiss temples regime. However I most likely will head more towards that after new year. I want to give what I have an honest go before I start trying to obtain research chemicals.

So jumping into my plans for the remainder of the year!

Topical finasteride and minoxidil, evey day.
    Stemoxidine, garnier fructis. Everyday.
    Nitzoral. 2xweekly
    Alpecin shampoo 4 or 5 times a week.
    Derma rolling. 1.5ml x 192 needles. 1xweekly.

In the next couple of weeks I will add some castor oil and rosemary into the mix. Most likely stick it on before bed.

I have been on the topical fin and min for around 2 and a half months along with tbe Nitzoral(big 3) and I feel I have already started to notice results in the form of general thickening and I have loads of new hairs around my temples. I'm not a novice to the fin and min game. I used it for the best part of a year (I think it was 2012) and responded well. So I know what to expect. So far I am responding better to this topical mix. I.e I didn't get much in the temples before. So basically I've decided to take my baseline photos now as I have a feeling that the fin and min are going to kick in well over the next month. At the moment the thickening is slight and the new hairs are only visible on close Inspection.

On friday I decided to start derma rolling. I will be going for 1xweekly aiming for wounding. Trying not to draw blood. On these days I will apply my morning fin and min, wait at least four hours, wash it out, clean up and dermaroll. I then miss my evening dose and then continue the next day as normal with the topicals. That basically gives me around 15 to 18 hours rest between rolling and applying my fin and min. I know the study says leave it 24 hours, but I want to see how this pans out for me.

My usual day routine is..

Fin and min topicality. First thing In morning after washing hair with Nitzoral or alpecin.

Afternoon. Stemoxidine. 3 or 4 ish mil all over scalp.

Evening. Quick shower and apply topical fin and min. (This is around 7pm).

This is basically it so far. I'm looking to add castor oil and rosemary as a bed time topical. And as time goes by and maybe, depending on results by new year, I'm considering obtaining some research chemicals and head closer to a swiss temples type routine.

I think that's everything so far! I will start uploading pics today.
    Last edited by Skin; 09-12-2016 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Tags

Default Pics

Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160911_225231.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	48576   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160911_225224.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	48580   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160911_225429.jpg

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	48581  

On a side note.

My hair looks terrible in that bathroom light. I will do all my comparison photos in there. I waited for it to get dark outside so it's easier for me to make sure the lighting is consistent. Also my hair is buzzed on grade 3. At new year I will grade it again.

Derma rolling day.

I've picked Fridays as I don't work over the weekend so it's easy enough to let my scalp recover and be cared for.

It's only the second time I've rolled. I went slower today and pushed down firmly. It hurt a bit more than last time and had lots of spots of blood. Last time I only had a few. I personally think that today I pushed too hard. But still wasn't the torture session I've heard about.

No topicals until morning.

Default Pics. Couple of days ago.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	20160913_165246.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	48644[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160914_154231.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	48645  

nice improvement

Quote Originally Posted by yassineakermi View Post
    nice improvement
    So far all the pics are baseline. I took them all last week.

I probably should edit my original post.

I started fin and minox topically around 2 and a half months ago. I have started to notice slight improvements recently. I did try minox before and used it for a few years. I also did oral fin for around a year. But I have not used anything for around 3 years. So I'm not a novice to the game.

I stared again now with derma rolling in hopes to see better improvements.

So far I will say that I am getting on well with the topical finasreride and minoxidil mix. I haven't had a crazy shed and I have had no sides to complain about.

wow. improvement

Just a quick note.

For the last 13 years I've had a small cyst on my crown. If you look at my pics you can see a small red pimple near the middle of the bald spot. It flares up now and again but never goes. I always thought it maybe from a time when I was cutting some blackthorn and jabbed my head on a branch. Anyway since my second derma roll it has gone! I can still slightly feel where it was but is virtually dissappeared. Im really happy with that after 13 years.

Anyway. I will continue with a weekly update on fridays after rolling. Pics every month.

Regards.

Default Friday Dermatorture

Well as I said, Its my friday update.

Dermarolling went fine again. I drove it home quite firmly this time. I have found that this is quite difficult for me to gauge as it really doesn't hurt me much at all.

This time I would say I have around 100 spots of blood spread out on my scalp. which is a bit more than last time. But like I say I deliberately pushed harder. I realise that I originally said I would only roll to the point of redness. For some stupid reason I cant resist going harder.

So I am throwing a question out to the readers with rolling experience, especially those who have had some results.

How far do you go with the rolling? I'm concerned that I seem to have a high pain threshold in my scalp and as a result it's hard for me to judge!

Thank you in advance!

As far as any results go, I am seeing new hairs as a result of the fin and min. It's still way to early to attribute anything to dermarolling.

Have a great weekend guys!