+ Reply to Thread

Default Let's help eachother!

List the products you are 100% sure of helps. I am not refering to any surgery or so.

Things we all sure of are:

Minoxidil
    Finasteride

Thats all I am sure of works at this point. Thats it...

I am not sure if any vitamins or anything else works or are worth it.

But I AM VERY willing to try anything. What do you guys recommend? Anything I should add? Perhaps a stronger more effective type minoxidil?

List everything you are 100% personally sure of that works. Also perhaps list why your so convinced.

Default well....

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Things we all sure of are:

Minoxidil
    Finasteride

I for one am not sure these two work (or work for anybody). I've been on Propecia for 8 months now and on Minoxidil for 2 months. For the last 4 months I've added Avodart as well. So I take 1 propecia pill every other day, with avodart in between and minoxidil 5% twice daily and use the scalp roller as well+Nizoral 3 times a week. What i can tell you is that so far nothing happened, this treatment has not even slowed down the process, let alone stop it. It's as if I'm not taking anything at all, absolutely no difference.

What do you guys think? I'm prepared to give it another 4-5 months and then give up. Any suggestions?

thank you for the post.

Very glad you are sharing that information.

Personally I think you should definitely stay on the drug. I think I have heard spencer mention on the show that sometimes someone stays on the drug longer than 4-5 months and then gains some decent benefit. Don't stop yet.

I am sorry it hasn't worked for you though, but I do believe it has proven to work for most.

How old are you and when did you first start balding? What norwood scale currently ?

Very glad you are sharing that information.

Personally I think you should definitely stay on the drug. I think I have heard spencer mention on the show that sometimes someone stays on the drug longer than 4-5 months and then gains some decent benefit. Don't stop yet.

I am sorry it hasn't worked for you though, but I do believe it has proven to work for most.

How old are you and when did you first start balding? What norwood scale currently ?
    Thank you KeepTheHair, for taking the time to reply.

I'm 24 right now. I first noticed my balding when i was 22. I've lost a lot of hair during these 2 years, I think I've got a really aggressive form of MPB from my grandfather. He was completely bald by 27, at least that's what my grandmother remembers (so it could have been earlier). I'm not really sure what Norwood scale I'm on, my whole crown is thinning the same, in the frontal area as on the vertex. But i will post some pictures if it would help get an idea.

Damn, you are really young. I am only 20... Also balding really fast. I really hope I have better results otherwise life is going to be a little tougher...

Have you spoken to a dr yet?

Damn, you are really young. I am only 20... Also balding really fast. I really hope I have better results otherwise life is going to be a little tougher...

Have you spoken to a dr yet?
    I've spoken to 2 doctors in Romania (Small East Europe Country) and they had never even heard of propecia. They both prescribed me a caffeine shampoo and lotion which i was stupid enough to use for a year. With no results, of course.
    But at that time i didn't know any better. Since, i found this forum and have been actively reading it. I got propecia from the drug store with no prescription and made a year supply.

I'm currently living in France where doctors are much more informed but still if i were to see a doctor I'd rather see one recommended by this community.

So KeepTheHair, you are even younger than i am. What do you think, when should i consider a transplant. I guess for now it's out of the question. How about you? Planing on surgery?

I dont think thats an option at all right now...

Not at all. not while we are this young. once your cut, your cut.

PRP looks interesting though

Crashul, your loss sounds much like mine. I'm currently 30 and first noticed loss in my crown at 28. My temples were slowly receeding since I was 20, but nothing too severe. For the past 2 years, my hair has fallen out all over my vertex, crown, to my front hairline, including the hairline on the sides of my head above my sideburns. I have tried using propecia for a year (1mg/day), avodart for about a year now (varying between .5 mg/day to 1.5mg/day). Also have been using rogaine foam 5%, and for the past 6 months I've been using Dr. Lee's 15%+ ******* formula at night and 6%+ Minoxidil during the day. I'm also using his nizoral shampoo 3-4 times/week. I've tried going to a clinic for laser treatments. Nothing has helped. I have a tough time believing that my hair could possibly fall out faster if I stop taking the avodart or using the formulas. I'm also considering PRP as it seems to be the only thing left I haven't tried. I'm also not considering a transplant, not due to my age, but I don't believe a transplant is reasonable for someone with a severe amount of loss.