+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking to hear about experiences with Dr. Rahal

I am approaching a NW2.5 with receded hairline and some thinning in the forelock. I have been on Fin for 4 years with good results, in that my hair hasn't changed much at all during that period. I have consulted with Dr. Rahal about having my hairline rounded off so that the receding points are not as sharp. I was deemed a suitable candidate for 1,200 grafts. I am currently 26 and therefore want to go the FUE route. What are people's experiences with Dr. Rahal? Am I in good hands? I have read a few stories on here about lacklustre results at his clinic, but obviously this sample is inherently biased because people with good results probably don't spend much time on forumns. He seems to have a good rating on rate MD, but that seems less reliable.

Please share any opinions, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmyth View Post
    I am approaching a NW2.5 with receded hairline and some thinning in the forelock. I have been on Fin for 4 years with good results, in that my hair hasn't changed much at all during that period. I have consulted with Dr. Rahal about having my hairline rounded off so that the receding points are not as sharp. I was deemed a suitable candidate for 1,200 grafts. I am currently 26 and therefore want to go the FUE route. What are people's experiences with Dr. Rahal? Am I in good hands? I have read a few stories on here about lacklustre results at his clinic, but obviously this sample is inherently biased because people with good results probably don't spend much time on forumns. He seems to have a good rating on rate MD, but that seems less reliable.

Please share any opinions, good or bad.
    I replied to you in your first post. Tell me if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    I replied to you in your first post. Tell me if you have more questions.
    Did you ever assemble any photos? That's what I am looking for is people who can show me their results and talk about them. How long would you say it is until you look normal post surgery? That is a big thing for me is that I dont want it to be too obvious I had a surgery. I could probably take 2.5-3 weeks off afterwards.

Did you ever assemble any photos? That's what I am looking for is people who can show me their results and talk about them. How long would you say it is until you look normal post surgery? That is a big thing for me is that I dont want it to be too obvious I had a surgery. I could probably take 2.5-3 weeks off afterwards.
    I'll make you a before after pic in a minute, if you can cover your head you can look normal in less than a week. But depending on what you need they will shave your head or a part of it so without a hat you won't look good for a while. I didn,t try to hide it much but I think I would have found it difficult to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	before9monthsafter.jpg

Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	48518
    There you go!

That looks great! So if I shaved my head, how long do you think it would take until theres no scabbing and also when the redness is reduced?

That looks great! So if I shaved my head, how long do you think it would take until theres no scabbing and also when the redness is reduced?
    If you clean you scalp twice a day like you are supposed to, your scabs will fall off faster and easier. I lost most of it between day 7-10. After 2 weeks you begin losing your new hair and a substantial amount of the old ones in the recipient zone. At 1 month you will be balder than you ever been LOL. How fast everything grow back depends on individuals as well as eating/drinking habit, sleep, stress etc...For me it was pretty fast. Redness will also vary, mine lingered for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    If you clean you scalp twice a day like you are supposed to, your scabs will fall off faster and easier. I lost most of it between day 7-10. After 2 weeks you begin losing your new hair and a substantial amount of the old ones in the recipient zone. At 1 month you will be balder than you ever been LOL. How fast everything grow back depends on individuals as well as eating/drinking habit, sleep, stress etc...For me it was pretty fast. Redness will also vary, mine lingered for a few months.
    Did you shave your whole head? Also, how would you say it improved your quality of life/confidence?

Did you shave your whole head? Also, how would you say it improved your quality of life/confidence?
    I did, but I didn't mind because I've had my hair shave for 19 years. I had the procedure because I wanted to grow my hair but after I did I didn't like my hairline. I look a lot younger and a lot better now so yeah it definitely boost confidence. I think pretty much anyone getting an HT would say the same.