+ Reply to Thread

Default Will you be annoyed? Hair transplant patients.

Okay, really random question but I figure we're all sick of 'is my hairline thinning?' posts from guys with perfect heads of hair so bear with me.

Right, so I think it's fair to assume, we're not only due a decent new treatment, but that we're actually going to get one soon. I know I know, the 5-10 year rule, there has been so many promising things that never come to light, but with things like Broztu's lotion due next year, and other highly promising treatments not too far off beyond that, we can finally hope for something better than current treatments.

So my question is, if we get something good, like what Brotzu's lotion is claiming it'll do (restore all hair lost in the last 5 years) will you dudes with hair transplants be annoyed? Or will you just be grateful there is something else on the market to help?

I just figure I'd be bummed out if I spent a lot of money on something only for a decent treatment to then come out. That said, I know right now there isn't any other option.

I know this is a pointless thread, I'm just curious as to what you guys think?

Odds of a 100% reversal are slim to none, even 5 years won't help most. However with my HT maybe I'll have better results with future treatments. I don't think any new treatment will not be one and done and I suspect it would be a monthly fee based on business strategy. Either way i hope to find out asap.

What is Brotzu's lotion? I don't see anything when I google that.

I haven't had a hair transplant, but I think I would be overjoyed at more treatments becoming available and anything new that could potentially put an end to the problem of hair loss. It's not like a hair transplant is a perfect cure, you could potentially still endure more loss or at least that worry might be in the back of your mind. It's really the opposite situation that would bother me, that though I put so much energy, money, and angst into addressing the situation even as to go so far as a transplant, yet no other lifelines (in the form of newer, better treatments) came to ameliorate or supplement the situation.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

For as long as hair loss has been unwanted, hair loss sufferers have been bummed-out. They will do almost anything to forget or remove the effects of hair loss regardless of what form the solution takes.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

It's all relative. I started losing my hair back when the only things available were 2 percent Rogaine and not so good HT procedures. Rogaine was expensive, not very effective, and required a script. The not so good hair transplants were also not very easy to obtain. Very expensive, limited financing options, and certainly not the availability to educate ourselves like today. This was about 25 years ago when we were supposedly "on the verge of a cure for MPB." While a lot has changed since then a lot has stayed the same. Rogaine, Finasteride, and surgery are still the only real options for MPB. Sure, the procedures have become better and meds have become easier to obtain but IMO not much has changed. IMHO I would not get to excited about a new so called cure and certainly don't regret the several procedures i've had. If I were 25 again and just starting to lose my hair in 2016, I would probably still do the HT and available meds while still keeping my eyes open for something better.

Look back at threads from 2006, you will see the same exact posts being made, "hair regeneration" "hair cloning" "hair multiplication" all of these things were touted as the solutions of the future, it was said these advancements would take 10 years.

Well we're now in 2016 headed to 2017, and the only real thing that has changed in the industry is the advancement of FUE, back then it was still in its infancy. Other than that Finasteride, Minoxidil and hair transplantation have remained the staple. There have been other things like RU58841, CB-03-01, PRP etc. Neither of these treatments have surpassed the Finasteride and Minoxidil combination in efficacy.

I honestly don't see anything revolutionary happening in at least 25-30 years. If you stick around waiting for the next "advancement" you may suffering with hair loss for a long time. I think the better question would be: if you stick around waiting for something revolutionary to happen whilst suffering with hair loss would you be annoyed?

All great responses guys, thanks for the input.

And please let me just say, it's all Hypothetical. I'm not saying a new treatment will arrive (I'm hoping to god it does because Fin isn't really working for me.) but I'm just saying hypothetically, what if it did. Would guys who got a hair transplant recently, say in the last few years for example, be annoyed?

I myself will never rule out a HT, and lord knows I wouldn't wait on a new treatment before getting one. I'm hopeful of a new treatment, but trust me, I've seen the graveyard forums that stretch back even further than 2006 going back to the early 2000's, it's genuinely sad to read those comments from young guys back then, nearly 17 years ago, all of them certain that the cure must be just around the corner. It's a scary thought that in twenty years time, people might be reading this thread with pitty.

So I get it, I get that to hope for a new treatment is to hope for magic basically, but just curious, what if it did come out. Would people be slightly resentful or annoyed?

Someone who would be annoyed by this happening would be stupid to be so. One transplant often isn't going to be the only one required and transplants are eventually a losing battle anyway since there's only a limited amount of donor hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    .........., but just curious, what if it did come out. Would people be slightly resentful or annoyed?
    What's the point of getting annoyed or being resentful " if " a cure came out . It wasn't available when people made a decision to get their HT , so the fact that hypothetically assuming a cure does come out makes no sense getting all worked up about

Inactive

No way I'd be annoyed. Every day when I look in the mirror and fix my hair, I'm grateful for the results I've gotten with my hair transplant. I'd actually be quite ecstatic if a "cure" came out within the next 10 years - though I'm highly skeptical.