+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HTsoon thanks for encouraging words, what kind of medication or therapy you would suggest? personally i do not believe any medical therapy would be good enough to get desired density as i think HT is only way. if it is possible could you please tell where did you get your HT done? it looks perfect btw , your third one will be probably on your crown area

Quote Originally Posted by wannamyhairback View Post
    HTsoon thanks for encouraging words, what kind of medication or therapy you would suggest? personally i do not believe any medical therapy would be good enough to get desired density as i think HT is only way. if it is possible could you please tell where did you get your HT done? it looks perfect btw , your third one will be probably on your crown area
    I think youd be surprised how much medical therapy could help diffuse hair loss, i would suggest going to an endocrinologist and getting your DHT levels checked, with the prescription from a doctor you can take prooecia at a low dose. You would also benefit from a high quality minoxidil like lipogaine. I would also throw in some nizoral as well. I went to Dr. Diep for my hair restoration.

HT Soon , i am wondering how was your third operation, i hope wverything went smooth for you

Quote Originally Posted by wannamyhairback View Post
    HT Soon , i am wondering how was your third operation, i hope wverything went smooth for you
    Everything went smooth, I'm currently 3 weeks post op, I had about 1,300 grafts via FUE, so I'm currently at 5,300 grafts total, i've been documenting my journey on YouTube under the same username.

i have found your videos, i am really happy for you mate, you did it , you reached the goal, its perfect first two operations no doubt the third one will have equal results. all the best, i hope i will get what i desire one day

Yea Dr. Diep is amazing and HTsoon has great results so far and I am sure will continue. Wannamyhairback, I recently posted about a concealer. I understand your dead set on Hair Transplant but consider the limitations for diffused loss especially in the donor area. You do look rather thin in the donor area. With that said, I think medical intervention and more importantly correct diet and supplements is most, in some cases only beneficial for the rare subset of diffused male thinning. I think you should adjust your diet and supplements consider medication as HTsoon suggested, laser comb, scalp massages, things like that first. Not saying the latter work but in my experience people with diffused thinning really need to get their hormones and blood flow in check. With that, you can use the concealer i posted about it works best for diffused thinning because you still have hair everywhere just thinning. Its called GoFybr (I am only a customer I do not work for or gain any monetary value for this opinion). Once you start using it I bet you never stop and it may give you the confidence boost you need for the next few years while we patiently wait for a better treatment option without depleting your donor hair. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyIrish View Post
    Yea Dr. Diep is amazing and HTsoon has great results so far and I am sure will continue. Wannamyhairback, I recently posted about a concealer. I understand your dead set on Hair Transplant but consider the limitations for diffused loss especially in the donor area. You do look rather thin in the donor area. With that said, I think medical intervention and more importantly correct diet and supplements is most, in some cases only beneficial for the rare subset of diffused male thinning. I think you should adjust your diet and supplements consider medication as HTsoon suggested, laser comb, scalp massages, things like that first. Not saying the latter work but in my experience people with diffused thinning really need to get their hormones and blood flow in check. With that, you can use the concealer i posted about it works best for diffused thinning because you still have hair everywhere just thinning. Its called GoFybr (I am only a customer I do not work for or gain any monetary value for this opinion). Once you start using it I bet you never stop and it may give you the confidence boost you need for the next few years while we patiently wait for a better treatment option without depleting your donor hair. Just my thoughts.
    Thanks mate for sharing your thoughts with me, to be honest i dont like the concealer as i find it very annoying , it limits you that is not what i wanted for sure, moreover i have used the concealers before, with regards to diet and treatment, its been two month since i am on propecia, i do give attention to what i eat, i consume a lot of fruits vegetables, fish chicken, pumpkin seeds and avoid red meats, diary products, sugar, i also shaved my head to apply some natural remedies before getting done hairtransplants, i have to agree with you as diffuser i do not have ideal donor area, but i do think some works could be done in the professional hands. i know no matter what i will get it done,

Hi wannamyhairback,

I am a similar diffuse pattern as yourself. To be honest the last few months for me have been awful as I was on 2mg oral minoxidil daily and stopped as I believed I was going to get a hair transplant. Due to a couple of other factors I held off on the transplant and I have had an awful post minoxidil shed since. Never really had any shedding on the back and sides until I used oral minoxidil.
    It could very well have ruined my chances of a hair transplant in the future.
    looking back Both oral and topical
    Minoxidil have not worked well for me and finasteride also caused me to shed a lot.
    I'm now off all drugs until this shed ceases if it ever does and I am holding tight for this Italian lotion to see when it is coming out. Clutching at straws really!

If you are going to get a hair transplant either way I would make sure you go to someone very skilled. The best so far that I have seen is Dr. Diep in Los Gatos, CA (huge collection of you tube 1 year follow ups) and if your feeling adventurous Dr. Erdogan in Turkey might be hands down the best in the world. Anyway good luck. Not sure what concealer you used but if I had your head of hair I would be using concealer every day. You have good coverage already. Good luck mate don't forget to enjoy life and thank whoever that you can stand sit run and use two arms, many people would give up a head of hair to have their legs back. I know that doesn't always help but even with hair loss I cant help but to feel blessed and fortunate. Just saying. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hi wannamyhairback,

I am a similar diffuse pattern as yourself. To be honest the last few months for me have been awful as I was on 2mg oral minoxidil daily and stopped as I believed I was going to get a hair transplant. Due to a couple of other factors I held off on the transplant and I have had an awful post minoxidil shed since. Never really had any shedding on the back and sides until I used oral minoxidil.
    It could very well have ruined my chances of a hair transplant in the future.
    looking back Both oral and topical
    Minoxidil have not worked well for me and finasteride also caused me to shed a lot.
    I'm now off all drugs until this shed ceases if it ever does and I am holding tight for this Italian lotion to see when it is coming out. Clutching at straws really!
    Hi Mic28

i am sorry to hear that you experience such a bad time, i totally understand you, but i think you should not have stopped medications as shedding is considered the first phase of treatment, personally i do not favor minoxidil, but it works for some people i was going to use it but i saw the guy on youtube using minoxidil for great period of time but ended up losing all that gained thanks to minoxidil, and i think minoxidil changes the texture of the hair and makes it minoxidil dependent. Did you contact with any surgeons about your situation? id you did what answers you got so far?

What is that italian lotion btw?