+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlacey View Post
    Not throwing stones, and you maybe right. I just find it hard to believe. There could be factors involved that weakened these follicles which allowed for the one pass. Still it's pretty much unheard of in the industry. Photos do not prove anything.
    Hi FE,

There are factors, indeed. I'm not an expert on hair removal but I do know that the efficacy of hair removal can depend on the characteristics of the hair itself. For instance, darker/coarser hair is easier to eradicate with fewer passes than lighter colored hair. Regardless, what you said about photos not proving anything, you're right, but there is no reason for the clinic to lie about this. They're not in the hair removal business so it's merely a side note in the overall treatment plan for this patient.

If a patient were to be in the same situation as this patient that I filmed I'm sure they'd have the option of not having electrolysis if they so chose and Dr. Cooley would be fine with FUE extraction. The problem with that however is that with FUE extraction there is the chance of visible scarring since there is no hair in the immediate vicinity to camouflage the resulting scar (and there is always a scar). I know people like to say that the scarring would be invisible but it is not always the case and cannot be predicted.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Actually hair color and skin pigment only apply to laser which isn't a permanent solution. I understand not going the FUE route, I was only coming to the defense of GNX who was correct. I feel if someone is to represent a clinic, then said person should know what they are talking about before telling someone they are wrong.

To answer Sam:

"As you mention electroylsis work in same way like dht to make the hair weaker
    Is it possible to use electrolysis then to soften the hairor laser maybe, so then the hair would be soft like the original hair"

Absolutely you can however, this only applies to electrolysis and it would only take a few passes if it's scalp hairs. Laser would only retard and soften the regrowth through a few hair cycles, and would return to it's normal growth later.

Doctor Representative Haircenter's Avatar

Hello Foreverlacey,

I understand not going the FUE route, I was only coming to the defense of GNX who was correct. I feel if someone is to represent a clinic, then said person should know what they are talking about before telling someone they are wrong.
    I know quite a bit, thank you very much, and I believe that I was accepting of GNX's position but stated clearly that my points were based on OUR experience with electrolysis. It was GNX that said I was wrong, not the other way around. Both you and GNX used made claims of "100%" certainty that I, Dr. Cooley, and the patients that have had electrolysis with us are wrong. I however qualified my position that electrolysis works for our patients 80% to 90% of the time which means that sometimes it does not so, indeed, a second pass will be necessary. I also provided photographic reference for the typical result we see the majority of the time.

The point is, this is an adjunct treatment that Dr. Cooley has used with great success for twenty years and we have many patients that would support our position and the use of electrolysis for their own cases. You are welcome to question the practice and you are welcome to give your opinions but please do not say that I am straight up WRONG about something we've been doing for twenty years. Like Joe Tillman said, we're not in the hair removal business so the weight of this issue is less than minor but I do not appreciate being indirectly called a liar or inept with my position.
    I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View Dr. Cooley's IAHRS Profile

Visit Haircenter.com to learn why Jerry Cooley MD is a hair transplant doctor to consider.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

Get to Know Jerry Cooley MD and Carolina Dermatology Hair Center

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com