21 year old, losing hair and have no idea what to do.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WinTerr
    • Aug 2016

21 year old, losing hair and have no idea what to do.

Hello, guys. I never thought I'd have to go here but I guess I should try. I would like to know how bad it is. I always had very thin hair since forever and when the light hit them it would easily shine through. Just recently, for about 3-4 months I noticed my head itching and been getting this weird tingling feeling on the head, guess it's the hair falling out? Seems so. Also, I always have bad dandruff, I always use anti-dandruff shampoo but it never fully helps, if I stop using it can be pretty bad.

What do you guys think? Should I just go and start taking fin and minox now or something else?

P.S. sorry about the bad pictures.
  • WinTerr
    • Aug 2016

I'm really freaking out here, do I even have a chance if I start minoxidil and/or fin now? Should I just go to my doctor for this?

Comment

• Stevedawg18
      • Jun 2016

I don't think an itchy scalp necessarily translates to you losing hair. Or at least to typical male pattern baldness. Yeah maybe go see a doctor about it. If you do have typical male pattern baldness I can attest a regret I have is not getting in finasteride while I still had most all of my natural hair as you currently do.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
        • Jun 2016

Also don't let someone talk you into hair transplants at age 21, you don't need it.

Comment

• WinTerr
          • Aug 2016

Hello, Steve. Thank you for replying. I don't intend to do any hair transplants, at least not now, not at this age. My hair loss is pretty weird, I seem to be losing more hair on one side than the other, is that normal? Btw, how long have you been on finasteride? I'm considering if I should use it or just let my hair die on its own and go bald.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
            • Jun 2016

Hi, I think it can happen in an uneven pattern. I've only been on finasteride for 3 months, the proscar version. No side effects.

Comment

Working...