+ Reply to Thread

Default Donar shock loss

Hello everyone,

I know this has been discussed before but i've seen little posted regarding concealment other than the usual leaving the hair long. As can be seen, my shock loss is still visible even with over two inches of hair in the donor area. This is not my first time dealing with this and quite certain most if not all will grow back. The question is what to do for the next several months.

I know some have used Toppix or similar products but my concern is my area is too large. Right now i'm just combing the hair straight down in the back and using a little hair spray to keep it in place. I know it's still visible and I work in retail so can't wear a hat. I'm thinking even an eyeliner pencil might help mask the scalp and make it less noticeable. Btw i'm 3 weeks post up so hoping this is as bad as it will get. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086 1.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	48283  

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Yes, more than likely, you WILL possibly, get back 100% of the hairs that were 'shock loosed'
    The most important thing that you must do is to NOT become worried,stressed out or depressed about that. (or anything else in your life)
    If you are that way, more than likely, you will cause more problems with your hairline and ,eventually, to your health as well!

Your scalp is starting to look relatively GOOD. In time it will improve...no worries.
    I would suggest that you start taking the vitamin of the B complex, Biotin!
    It has a long history of helping improve men and women's hair. It does some other positive things for people too. Do the research on it. It IS an over-the-counter vitamin/med .
    How old are you Richardd1972? That is an important thing to share with 'us'..
    Have a good day!!!

Thanks Artista and Dr. Rashid. Fortunately this is my second time around(for donor shock loss) so i'm not freaking out as I know the hair will come back. Considering this is my seventh strip procedure(actually number 8 as I had a scar revision about ten years ago that yielded less than 100 grafts) i'm lucky to still have a reasonable amount of donor hair left. I was one that dove in too quickly with no research for my earlier procedures and got too many small procedures as I could only afford 500 hundred or so grafts at a time. While those small procedures did not excise many grafts, I still had part of my scalp removed each time so it looks like all future procedures have to be FUE and do to my extensive scarring I have to plan on being able to wear a hat for several months post op due to the shaving.

As for the concealment of my donor area, i'm finding that just about anything makeup wise helps darken the area so that it's closer to the color of the hair that is covering it. Besides, i'm starting to learn that most people I interact with might notice the thinning but have no clue it's from a transplant. I just say my hair seems to be thinning do to stress

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HI Richardd1972...
    Please stay very POSITIVE on, not just your scalp, but anything else in your life.
    No reason not to.
    All things in life can and would be fixed in a good way especially if you stay positive and not allow yourself to be worried.
    Again Ill ask you,, how old are you now? Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    HI Richardd1972...
    Please stay very POSITIVE on, not just your scalp, but anything else in your life.
    No reason not to.
    All things in life can and would be fixed in a good way especially if you stay positive and not allow yourself to be worried.
    Again Ill ask you,, how old are you now? Please let me know.
    Good advice on staying positive. I'm in my 40's so hopefully the majority of my hairless is behind me. As for the shock loss issue, one reason i'm dealing with it so well is that i've had it before, there are forums like this, and probably the fact that i'm not in my 20's anymore I actually tried concealing it with everything from an eye liner pencil to makeup. Turns out that draws attention to the area. Decided to just keep the hair long and let nature take it's course. Adding Rogaine foam to the area in hopes of speeding up the recovery. Looks pretty much the same month post-op. Will post some pics as soon as I can see some fine hair growing in. Should be interesting. Last time it took about 4 months to notice even fine hair growth but did not use Rogaine. Can people see it at times? probably yes, do they know it's due to a transplant? Probably not.