Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macwell101
    • Aug 2016

Niacin Dilemma

Hello, this is the first time I've actually posted anything on this forum. I have found this hair loss forum extremely helpful since the dawning of MPB consumed me. And I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in the sharing of stories and treatments helping others on a daily basis!

As a result of my research I am using minoxidill based foam and using regenpure shampoo in conjunction with various general vitamins. However, I have been taking Niacin approximately every other day for the past 6 month after reading a plethora of personal testimonials stating how much of a staple vitamin B3 is to MPB.

I was reading a post approximately a couple of weeks ago, which stated that niacin was actually counter productive and actually does not benefit the scalp in anyway what so ever. This concerned me as I have been using it regularly for quite some time now.

With what spare time I have I have been investigating these claims and to be quite honest I can see with the available literature regarding niacin why people are saying this. I have added the two links below I found quite controversial regarding the consumption of niacin for MPB.

Lipids in the skin are the most diverse in the entire human body. Their bioactivity in health and disease is underexplored. Prostaglandin D2 has recently been identified as a factor which is elevated in the bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and has the capacity to decrease hair leng …

Life Enhancement is an International authority on nutrition, health and wellness. We manufacture and supply only the highest quality nutritional supplements, including vitamins, minerals, herbs, hormones and anti-aging supplements. We offer five-star customer service and free ground shipping on all orders over $49.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding this?

Much appreciated.
  • Vic
    • Apr 2014

I stopped taking my B complex long ago because of what I read about Niacin. I believe it hurts hair more then it helps it.

Comment

• BaldingHelpMe
      • Sep 2015

I dont understand, how does b complex hurt hairs?

Comment

• Vic
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BaldingHelpMe
        I dont understand, how does b complex hurt hairs?
        There was niacin in my b complex

Comment

• Macwell101
          • Aug 2016

yeah I'm still not convinced that Niacin is bad. It would be great to get some more opinions.

Regards.

Comment

• gutted
            • Jan 2011

i would stay away from this, everytime i take it, it seems to aggrevate my hair loss.

Comment

Working...