+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help.. 19 year old.. Early mpb or not?

So I have been losing sleep over this and stuff, just tell me the truth.. When I was 17,my hairline was different and it changed and went a little higher I think when I was almost 18,i am not sure if it is mature hairline or not, my father is in his mid 50s and he has receded a bit but still has a full head of hair,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	48242   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	48243   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	48244   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg

Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	48245  

Quote Originally Posted by 18bald View Post
    So I have been losing sleep over this and stuff, just tell me the truth.. When I was 17,my hairline was different and it changed and went a little higher I think when I was almost 18,i am not sure if it is mature hairline or not, my father is in his mid 50s and he has receded a bit but still has a full head of hair,

It looks like from the pictures you have a great amount of hair. I don't see anything to worry about

Yea man, you're totally fine - check in again around age 22.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello 18bald, its a good thing that you came onto this good forum!
    MYHAIRDLS and Parker317 gave you honest responses here!

You do NOT have any serious hairloss at all.
    Being that you are now 19 years old, you may ONLY have a SMALL percentage of a maturing hairline,
    and thats ALL but none of US really see any either.
    More than likely only you can see a small difference in your scalp but it would only be a maturing hairline, NOT any hairloss.
    Now, I would never insult you on this, I do want to explain a reality of your life.
    Being that you are ONLY 19 years old, I can understand how you might make an assumption about your hairline or anything else in your life. That is because you are only 19 years old.
    That is not a criticism of you ,,it is a fact of life.
    You do not yet have the proper FORESIGHT needed yet. (look up the definition of 'foresight')
    That is because your brain has not YET finished growing completely as yet.
    Once you are in your mid to late 20s your brains Neocortex will be completed. When that happens you will have the proper foresight and the ability to predict the consequences of your own actions.
    Meaning that you would not assume anything negative in your life.
    Back to my point, I DO UNDERSTAND how you could assume something bad in regards to your scalp.
    Thats because you are still so very young.
    You DO HAVE a GOOD head of hair. It is a good thing that you came onto this forum to learn.

The scale used to diagnose MPB is the norwood scale. You look to me to be NWI which means you have a pretty good hair line / hair thickness and have no need for treatment yet. If you are subject to MPB (i.e. your father or grandfather has lost their hair) then monitor any hair shed carefully (look at pillow in the morning). Other than that I think you are fine.

Hello again 18bald!
    I do HOPE that you finally respond here.
    I do not want you to become unnecessarily worried about your scalp or anything else in your life either. That will cause damage to your hair and health

Prop46 also gave you a descent response here!
    His words:
    "You look to me to be NWI which means you have a pretty good hair line / hair thickness and have no need for treatment yet."

It is POSSIBLE that you have a NW-1 scale BUT it is also very POSSIBLE that you only have a maturing hairline.
    Reread his response to you and reread MY response to you as well.
    I want you to 'wake-up' a little bit more on how to have a GOOD and HAPPY life.
    Hope to hear back from you 18bald. (your not balding)

(hey Prop46, good helpfully response to him-cheers)

Thanks, i remember u from my other post haha. it's just men from my mothers side have gone bald in their mid to late twenties so i am worried, another thing that worried me was that the other day i was taking a bath and i used my towel to dry my head, i saw around 12 hairs on the towel alone. I don't know if that is normal or not and hence im panicking right now. Men from my dad side tho have a full head of hair even 50+ years. My dad is around 52 right now and even tho he does have a bit of receding hairline, he still has a good amount of hair on top and no hair loss on his crown or scalp. I really hope i inherited his genetics, ****.

My father has a good head of hair in his early 50s and so do most men in my fathers side of family, however what im worried about it my mothers side of family. They usually start going bald during mid - late 20s, and my mother's father is completely bald. I also for the first time saw around 12 hairs in my towel after i took a bath the other day so i was worried. I have been checking the pillow and i usually see 2 or 3 hairs on the pillow everyday. Maybe i do need treatment in the coming years? Also there seem to be new treatments coming out for mpb it seems, maybe i should wait for those?

Good to hear from you 18bald,
    Ill say again, do not allow yourself to become worried and stressed over your scalp.
    Your scalp actually looks good..It is possible that you will NOT experience so much hairloss at all.
    Stress worry and depression WILL have a negative effect to your hair my friend.
    You must be accepting of how things are for you.
    Cheers!!