+ Reply to Thread

Question Am I potentially balding and what to do ?

Hello,
    I am 19 yo guy, who has been having some scary thoughts lately. I have been growing my hair for the last 8 months from a buzzcut, but as my hair grew, I started to notice that some areas and patches on my head are really baldish. At first I didnt really give it too much thought, but lately some people have been telling me they noticed that some of my hair is missing up there.

Https://imgur.com/a/xJFmV

This is the link to the imgur containing some of the pictures the first few pictures look quite alright since my curly hair manages to hide the bald patches but it really gets worse in the latter pictures seeing that my hair is wet.
    Anyway, I don't know if this is right section to post this kind of thread, so if its not, a moderator can move my topic to the correct section.
    Cheers y'all.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Cae and welcome to the BTT forum!!

I just got finished looking at the photos that you have shown here.
    Overall, you still have a relatively full head of hair, but of course, it is possible that you might be experiencing hairloss BUT you might only be experiencing a maturing hairline too!
    I did have a maturing hairline when I was the same age as you are now, 19 years old.
    I did NOT get serious hairloss until I was in my 40s.
    I did NOT ALLOW my matured hairline to upset or worry me either.
    Acceptance is SO VERY IMPORTANT.
    Worry/Stress/Depression WILL cause serious problems to your hairline ! That is a FACT.
    Of course, no one wants hairloss, we all hate that idea BUT again, acceptance is important because then your hairline wont get worse due to worried stress!!
    You can do things to IMPROVE your scalp Cae.
    I would suggest that you take an over-the-counter vitamin of the B complex, called Biotin.
    It has a very long history of helping to improve peoples hair and other things too.
    Look it up and learn about it.

But more importantly, do not become worried and stressed out.
    You scalp CAN BE IMPROVED especially if you do not allow yourself to become 100% focused on it and begin to worry and get depressed.
    Being that you are only 19 years old you really do not yet have the proper amount of FORESIGHT in you.
    You will when you get into your mid to late 20s!!!
    When you are at the age you would know better than to allow anything in life to worry and stress you out.
    Your health and hair can and WILL be affected by that.
    Im not criticizing you I am trying to help you now.
    Hope to hear back from you buddy!!!!

Hey there; appreciate the answer and I understand what you are saying. I am definitely not that stressed about it but I do want to know eveything thats happening ti me if its potientially bad or anything.
    The last pics for me are just kind of weird for someone who has normal ish hair

People can actually see it from, and I doubt its related to a maturing hairline because as you see it goes all the way back. So thats why I am thinking it may possibly be some sort of early MPB.
    I will look into biotin as well, but yeah as I said I really doubt its that normal since its basically a huge part of my head where hair is very thin.

Cheers.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Cae!!
    The resent photos that you posted yesterday were well done for showing, my friend!!
    Overall, you SILL have a RELATIVELY full head of hair but it certainly shows that there are percentages of your scalp has been either maturing and or thinning.

Again, overall you have full coverage of hair but what you will need to do is to start on Biotin and I would suggest that you see a real doctor that can help you when it comes to knowing about hair.
    You said:
    "The last pics for me are just kind of weird for someone who has normal ish hair"

My friend, it is NOT weird at all but I know that you are only 19 years old so I can understand why you would think that.
    I feel that your scalp can be improved for sure!
    Also, maybe you should consider cutting your hair differently so that it does look better overall.
    Your a good looking young man buddy!!

No worries about any of this. Do the proper things needed to improve/fix your scalp. Again, NO worries about that or anything else.
    Research Minoxidil too. Its over-the-counter as well and it too has a long history of helping peoples hair in different percentages.
    When I started on Minoxidil back in November of 2015, after about 3 months, my wife and I both started to see
    minor improvements on my scalp from its use. Cae where do you live, what country? Im here in America.
    Have a good day buddy...Cheers!!