+ Reply to Thread

Default 28yo I think my best option is to shave it off...

Hi there,

Im 28, never noticed that my hair was thinning untill the last 6 months or so. It seems to be fairly rapid. My family was always blessed with a high hairline, even when I was young and had full curly locks.

There is no history of hair loss on either side of my family which put me in denial for a while. Looking at the pattern I am guessing it wont be long before the top and front fade out completely. Pics below:

http://imgur.com/bi0o3Ol
    http://imgur.com/h6PIQbr
    http://imgur.com/0mKLhGK

Personally I dont want to take anything that might mess with my hormones and am guessing that regaine would only really work at the back, leaving the front to fade?

I think I am mainly coming here to get the nod from people to say "You're going bald, time to shave it off". Since my GF and family just want to deny that it is even thinning out...

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Reuti hello and welcome to this great forum, BTT!

It is obvious that you are experiencing some hairloss but do NOT allow it to hurt or destroy you.
    You do not need to shave your hair off but if that is what you want to do, that would be A-OK.
    Acceptance is so very important for you.
    There are ways of possibly improving you hairline.
    Being that you are 28 years old, more than likely, your brain is probably finished its growing phase.
    The last part of your brain to grow and positively function is the Newocortex .
    That then gives you great FORESIGHT and the ability to predict the consequences of your actions.
    That is why you are considering shaving your hair off.
    Again, there are different ways of IMPROVING your hairline.
    Start will a vitamin of the B complex, Biotin,,,its over-the-counter.
    It has a long history of helping people...at a percentage of course.
    Consider Minoxidil and also Finasteride.
    As I have said though, ACCEPTANCE is so very important and also you can improve your hair in different ways.
    Stay POSITIVE my friend!! Cheers to you.

Inactive

You're definitely losing your hair, and if you think you would be okay with calling it a day and shaving your head, that's definitely a fantastic option to consider. It seems like a look you could pull off well, not to mention you have a full beard - which helps offset things.

I think it's always a good idea for guys who are losing their hair to consider the shaved/buzz look for a bit and see if it's something they could get used to. If it is, you're right in saying that it will save you from years of medication and multiple surgeries - not to mention the money that you'll save by not fighting it. It ultimately just comes down to how you would want to proceed. My suggestion would be to go ahead buzz it, see how you like it, and then reevaluate from there.

Glad to see you have a good head on yours shoulders regardless. Best of luck.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hey there Pkipling, That was also a good response to Reuti as well !

I had seriously considered doing that same thing in 2013! Acceptance is so IMPORTANT for us all though.
    I had decided to try using Finasteride back then and it did start to show improvements after about 3 months of use.
    Thankfully, I also became a phase test patient of Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus last year.
    Back to what you said,,,your response was good....consider this Reuti. In one way or another, you can fix things. Acceptance is so important ..
    Thanks Pkipling!!

Dude - I can totally relate. I'm 27 and my hair is about the same stage as yours. None of my other family has this problem, just me. I just started finasteride a week ago because I want to keep my hair (no sides for me yet, knock knock). Rogaine and other stuff will help but you really need to block the DHT so Fin is the only real option. If you start treatments its an uphill battle, take fin, use nizoral, get rogaine, and use toppik.. All well worth it if you want to fight for your hair.

No homo, but you look like you could pull off the buzz cut or shaved head really well. You've got the beard and plugs going. I think it would work for you.
    What you could do, is buzz it really low or shave it and see how it looks - if you don't like it, regrow what you had and start with treatments.

Props to you on coming to this forum and posting pics, wish I did it years ago.