+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I doing enough?

I'm 27 years old, and noticed a thinning of hair at the temples in December. Since January, I have been taking Finasteride 5mg once a day. It's been about 8 months now. I'd just like to know if I'm doing enough. Is Finasteride enough, or do I need Rogaine, too? I'd like to avoid it because of the costs. I haven't had too significant of hair loss, but I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to keep what I have. And is it possible to still lose hair after taking finasteride? Sorry for the rambling. I'm just concerned.

It should keep your hair stable but is one temple receded or thinning more than the other? I am going through the same thing my right is thinning more than the right it really sucks.

My left seems to be receding slightly more. Do you take finasteride or any combination of things?

That's crazy is the side that is receded thin all over on that side or just the temple? And I'm going to be honest bro im a little nervous to be taking fin, I take saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil and just wash my hair with keto and a saw palmetto shampoo and conditioner. Your doing better for yourself and saving your hair

Not really thin all over, just thinning a bit. Yeah, I know of the erectile side effects, but my hair is just so important. I hadn't heard of the saw palmetto. I'll check that out.

SP is just a vitamin that some say is the natural finasteride but a lot of people will say it does nothing at all. I guess I take it cause it makes me feel better lol

I got some today, so hopefully that makes me feel better, as well. Does your scalp itch at all?