Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 27guy
    • Aug 2016

Am I doing enough?

I'm 27 years old, and noticed a thinning of hair at the temples in December. Since January, I have been taking Finasteride 5mg once a day. It's been about 8 months now. I'd just like to know if I'm doing enough. Is Finasteride enough, or do I need Rogaine, too? I'd like to avoid it because of the costs. I haven't had too significant of hair loss, but I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to keep what I have. And is it possible to still lose hair after taking finasteride? Sorry for the rambling. I'm just concerned.
  • bmoreno515
    • Nov 2014

It should keep your hair stable but is one temple receded or thinning more than the other? I am going through the same thing my right is thinning more than the right it really sucks.

Comment

• 27guy
      • Aug 2016

My left seems to be receding slightly more. Do you take finasteride or any combination of things?

Comment

• bmoreno515
        • Nov 2014

That's crazy is the side that is receded thin all over on that side or just the temple? And I'm going to be honest bro im a little nervous to be taking fin, I take saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil and just wash my hair with keto and a saw palmetto shampoo and conditioner. Your doing better for yourself and saving your hair

Comment

• 27guy
          • Aug 2016

Not really thin all over, just thinning a bit. Yeah, I know of the erectile side effects, but my hair is just so important. I hadn't heard of the saw palmetto. I'll check that out.

Comment

• bmoreno515
            • Nov 2014

SP is just a vitamin that some say is the natural finasteride but a lot of people will say it does nothing at all. I guess I take it cause it makes me feel better lol

Comment

• 27guy
              • Aug 2016

I got some today, so hopefully that makes me feel better, as well. Does your scalp itch at all?

Comment

Working...