Threaded View

Default Hi there. I'm new and I'm considering HT.

Firstly, I want to say thank goodness for forums like this. The amount of information I have been able to gain over the last week from all of your stories, photos and advice has lead me to the decision to have an HT.
    I am 34 year old Brit living in California. About 7 years ago I had 2 HT's with a surgeon in Europe to strengthen my hairline which had started to go AWOL from the age of about 21. The results were very good, in that the hairline looks natural, but I wasn't overjoyed by the density. I've been on propecia for the last 4 years and this combined with the 2 surgeries has given me a really decent head of hair (I'd say catergory 2 on the scale).
    I am now thinking about another surgery to complete my hairline. I've chatted online to Dr DeYarman in SD and Dr Dan McGrath in Austin, Texas who have both given me the same price for the procedure if I go in at short notice. I'm gonna need about 1500 grafts to give me what I need. Your opinions and suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
    Many Thanks.