+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Hi there. I'm new and I'm considering HT.

Firstly, I want to say thank goodness for forums like this. The amount of information I have been able to gain over the last week from all of your stories, photos and advice has lead me to the decision to have an HT.
    I am 34 year old Brit living in California. About 7 years ago I had 2 HT's with a surgeon in Europe to strengthen my hairline which had started to go AWOL from the age of about 21. The results were very good, in that the hairline looks natural, but I wasn't overjoyed by the density. I've been on propecia for the last 4 years and this combined with the 2 surgeries has given me a really decent head of hair (I'd say catergory 2 on the scale).
    I am now thinking about another surgery to complete my hairline. I've chatted online to Dr DeYarman in SD and Dr Dan McGrath in Austin, Texas who have both given me the same price for the procedure if I go in at short notice. I'm gonna need about 1500 grafts to give me what I need. Your opinions and suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
    Many Thanks.

Is it Doctor advice you need mate?

Dr Bisinga Brussells seems to be getting some good solid results

I havnt used him myself so not talking from personal experienc but it might be worth doing a search on him

Let us know how you get on

Yeah, I'm looking for good Doctors. I'm in California now mate so was looking for something local rather than in Europe. Thanks though. I've been talking to Dr Meshkin here in Cali and he seems like a top chap. Very reasonable rates and his results and comments posted on this forum are excellent. Will probably go with him. I'll let you all know how I get on. Cheers.

If I were you I would do a lot of research before choosing your hair transplant surgeon. I’ve never seen Dr. Menskin mentioned on this forum and he doesn’t seem to be in the IAHRS either. You should check with The American Hair Loss Association to be sure. He could be a good hair transplant surgeon, but it’s kind of a red flag if he’s not been mentioned here. Food for thought.
    Good luck with your search!

Hi Winston. Thanks for the response. One of the reasons I am seriously considering Dr Meshkin is because he has so many glowing recommendations from this forum?? He is one of 5 top picks in the So Cal area according to many people on this forum? I will continue to research but I think he is pretty well praised on here. Thanks.

Sorry Winston!! My mistake!! It's on another forum that he is highly praised. My mistake!!

Quote Originally Posted by True Brit View Post
    Sorry Winston!! My mistake!! It's on another forum 'Hair Restoration Research Forum' that he is highly praised. My mistake!!
    I would check with the American Hair Loss Association if I were you and read this message from Spencer Kobren http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=69
    Good luck and be careful!

Brilliant. Thanks so much, Winston. While I've got you online, what are your thoughts on Dr Brandon Ross? He's another doctor I'm considering and seems pretty well respected.

Dr. Ross seems to have a very good reputation. I would contact all the southern California surgeons on the IAHRS and even consider possible travel to others in the west. Once you narrow it down to who you think does the best hair transplants and who you feel the best about then shop for price.

Hey Winston. I've been chatting with Dr Ross online and he seems like a good chap. Very informative and not pushy. My needs are pretty small (I'm a case 2) and he doesn't seem to be pushing anything on me that I don't require. He is a IAHRS member and is highly regarded. I will probably go with him. I'll keep ya posted. Cheers mate.