+ Reply to Thread

Default Shaving Bald years after FUE

Hi All,

I'm a man in my thirties and considering FUE with the goal to build some density in the frontal region to improve personal image in the next decade (hopefully two). I unfortunately don't have strong reserve of donor hair so it's unlikely that I'll be able to maintain a full head of hair much later in life and therefore want have the option of going totally bald.

I understand that FUE will create micro scars which heals differently for every individual but does anyone have experience getting FUE then shaving bald after many years?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a short aside, I don't derive my personal self worth from physical appearance but do recognize the societal benefit of HT especially earlier in life. I know it seems odd to shave your head after HT but I project I won't care so much about appearances post 40yr milestone.

I imagine you will still care what you look like when you hit 40.

Don't fool yourself, you'll still care.

Quote Originally Posted by wamhoi View Post
    Hi All,

I'm a man in my thirties and considering FUE with the goal to build some density in the frontal region to improve personal image in the next decade (hopefully two). I unfortunately don't have strong reserve of donor hair so it's unlikely that I'll be able to maintain a full head of hair much later in life and therefore want have the option of going totally bald.

I understand that FUE will create micro scars which heals differently for every individual but does anyone have experience getting FUE then shaving bald after many years?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a short aside, I don't derive my personal self worth from physical appearance but do recognize the societal benefit of HT especially earlier in life. I know it seems odd to shave your head after HT but I project I won't care so much about appearances post 40yr milestone.
    Your still going to care, trust me I am in that spot currently only with a long linear scar and not enough hair on top. Best bet is to consult one of the DR from this sight and ask them. Chances are it wouldn't be to noticeable but I would think you are going to see some scars. Even the DR won't be able to tell you for sure everyone heals differently. If you go to a top dr the chances are improved. Donor area would be biggest concern as far as scarring.

I just posted a thread that you'd probably be interested in looking at. My head shaved with FUE scars. I gotta be honest with you, if you really feel like more hair is gonna fall just shave your head to the skin and get used to the idea of being bald cause the last thing you want is scars all over your head and the anxiety of having to deal with it.

Until there's a scarless procedure available I'd refrain from doing a surgery like this.

Some might disagree but I think if you are planning to shave your head down the road best to avoid HT, either FUE or FUT. All of these procedures leave scars. Period.