+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about Replicel

I'm sceptical about Replicel, but I'm asking this on some futile hope it's going to be as amazing as they're making out when it comes through.

My question is, is Replicel going to be effective for men with very advanced (Norwood 6 and 7) hair loss? Since it seems to be (not quite, but basically) "cloning" hair follicles, I'm wondering what exactly the limit is going to be on how much they can do with it?

As things stand right now, I'm a 22 year old Norwood 2 and I've just started Finasteride in February. However, I come from a family where N6/7 balding is aggressively hereditary and, left unchecked, I'm fairly sure I'll end up a N6/7 eventually. I'm concerned about going through with a regular FUE/T hair transplant for this reason, and I'm sure even on Finasteride that most surgeons wouldn't want to operate on me too.

I'm being totally unrealistic here and I know I am before I say it, but I'll say it, I'm kinda hoping Replicel is going to be able to completely restore the hair of N7ers. I'd love to eventually come off Finasteride because it's dicey with the side effects (been absolutely fine so far, no sides at all, but as something long-term, I'm concerned).

Otherwise, I guess it's plan B - integrated hair systems. One way or another I'm not doing the N7 life tbh, especially in my 20s, I'd hate to be fully bald. Tbh even at Norwood 2 I'm already really conscious and gutted about it, even at this stage I hate my hairline.

Nobody really knows but I don't think Replicel is being touted as a 'cure'/ something that can bring back all the hair on a NW7. It's a treatment option, and it is probably going to have to be used in conjunction with other treatments to work most effectively and that's if it even works,which, sorry to say, is still up in the air. Tsuji is the only thing on the horizon that looks like it could pass for a cure and really help completely bald people, but that's still years away.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're only a NW2 and you're on fin/ minox you should be able to hold on until more advanced methods are here. The wait sucks though, I'm in the same boat, only I'm a diffuse thinner so I can't even get a transplant. Is Histogen, Replicel, brotzu, seti, etc all fail I'm really screwed.

As far as whether it will work or not, I don't have any idea but in this video I believe they say that they intend for it to completely "reverse" hair loss (meaning regrow a full head of hair):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=cCe5mg7X6zg.

If you're a NW2 go out and enjoy your life. It's probably pretty unlikely anybody but you really cares or notices. If you think you're obsessed with it now, wait till it's much worse (which for you could be a very long time from now if at all). Might sound ridiculous to you now but you'll wish you had later, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Also, before you get a HT take a look at the seemingly large number of people who did and regretted it. Many say they wish they'd just stayed totally bald because now they look almost completely bald and weird and it's worse.