How do we choose the right HT surgeon? It seems as though every surgeon has........ - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default How do we choose the right HT surgeon? It seems as though every surgeon has........

bad results mixed in with the good.

I am seriously considering Rahal, but then I saw this thread:

The individual in that thread had 5400 grafts via FUT with Dr. Rahal and ended up with a very poor results.

This is extremely troubling. From someone with a world-class reputation like Dr. Rahal, you simply do not expect this to happen.

I've mostly read only positive things about Rahal but that might be because no surgeon is going to post their poor results right?
    Last edited by Winston; 08-03-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by NSix View Post
    bad results mixed in with the good.

I am seriously considering Rahal, but then I saw this thread:

The individual in that thread had 5400 grafts via FUT with Dr. Rahal and ended up with a very poor results.

This is extremely troubling. From someone with a world-class reputation like Dr. Rahal, you simply do not expect this to happen.

I've mostly read only positive things about Rahal but that might be because no surgeon is going to post their poor results right?
    Your Tiny URL didn't work. Regardless, every doc has bad outcomes. Some of them are nightmare inducing and I'm talking about cases you've never heard of. Bad results are not reserved for bad doctors and having bad results does not make a doctor bad. I know Dr. Rahal and while I no longer work for him I feel he deserves his solid reputation.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-03-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I think he deserves it too. His work speaks for itself.

I'm just worried since the case in-question seems so unusual.

That being said, I've heard about bad results from pretty much every top doc. So it's not isolated to Rahal.

A good HT is medicine and, to some degree, art. As such, the outcomes are never 100% predictable. All of the top surgeons have had bad outcomes. If they are honest they will even tell you so.

Some things to consider:
    1) A lot of this is about trust. You need to trust the doc, their staff, their technique, and their reputation. If you are not sure about any of these issues, maybe hold off a bit and look around a bit more.
    2) Ask what their policy is on dissatisfied patients. Some docs are more willing to work with you if you do not like the result while others may just cut you loose and leave you to your own devices.
    3) Recognize that, in my experience, many (most?) people have some degree of buyers regret (both towards the doc and the HT itself) after the procedure. The exultation of finally having a HT is then followed by pain, scars, crusts, healing, the ugly duckling period and months (MONTHS!!!!) of very frustrating waiting for the hair to grow. Beware glowing recommendations from posters who are 1 day post-op. See what people say a year or more out from surgery.

I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you need to really, really think you choice of surgeon and procedure through carefully. If you have doubts, wait a little longer before committing. When you have found the right doc for you it is usually pretty clear to both of you that it is a good fit.