+ Reply to Thread

Question Would FUE Transplant Work For My Receding Hairline? Is it the right time ?

Hello All,

I am 31 YO and new on this forum. I am a NW 3.

My hairline has receded more on the right side which make it hard for me to have long hair.
    Short hair are also an issue right now as it is very obvious that i have a receding hairline.

You can see the below photo before (2007) and after (photo taken in July 2016).

I confirmed with few recommended surgeon that 1600+ grafts with FUE shall be necessary to restore my hairline taking in account the long term plan.

They all told me they will have a conservative approach to avoid issue with my donor area if more is needed in the future...

If i look into my family history my mum has no hair loss and my dad is having the same as i am facing... (he is 73 yo)...

On my side i am not having further hair loss since 3/4 years it seems to have stopped receding.

I'd like to have your opinion about FUE as i tried in the past minoxidil and do not want to go on finasteride for health reason.

The plan would be then to restore the corner in a conservative manner without lowering the hairline much.

I'd like to know if you think it is the right time to fit my hairline ?

Thanks a lot for your advice and recommendation.

Cheers

I would think you'd be a good candidate and 31 isn't TOO young. Do you take fin?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reneto View Post
    Hello All,

I am 31 YO and new on this forum. I am a NW 3.

My hairline has receded more on the right side which make it hard for me to have long hair.
    Short hair are also an issue right now as it is very obvious that i have a receding hairline.

You can see the below photo before (2007) and after (photo taken in July 2016).

I confirmed with few recommended surgeon that 1600+ grafts with FUE shall be necessary to restore my hairline taking in account the long term plan.

They all told me they will have a conservative approach to avoid issue with my donor area if more is needed in the future...

If i look into my family history my mum has no hair loss and my dad is having the same as i am facing... (he is 73 yo)...

On my side i am not having further hair loss since 3/4 years it seems to have stopped receding.

I'd like to have your opinion about FUE as i tried in the past minoxidil and do not want to go on finasteride for health reason.

The plan would be then to restore the corner in a conservative manner without lowering the hairline much.

I'd like to know if you think it is the right time to fit my hairline ?

Thanks a lot for your advice and recommendation.

Cheers
    At this time, if you want to restore the hairline to a mature location, the idea of FUE is not irrational, and you seem to be realistic with your goals should you move forward. Consider the 'less is more' approach as well.

All the best
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    I would think you'd be a good candidate and 31 isn't TOO young. Do you take fin?
    Hello, No i do not wish to take FIN as it has side effects i can't stand.
    Concerning the evolution if i move to a NW 5/6 what would be my option later ?

Also, i don't think i will evolve to that stage if i look at my dad at 70 yo+...

You understand my concerns, i'm afraid if my baldness progress not to have enough hair for future HT if needed and looks weird if my baldness progress behind the new hairline... Also a bit concerned about the potential scare in donor area after HT which will make shaving or very short hair impossible ?

thx you fo ur help !

Quote Originally Posted by reneto View Post
    Concerning the evolution if i move to a NW 5/6 what would be my option later ?
    Not if but when , another HT

Your hair is fine . Try the meds to stabilize it .

Inactive

Based on the information you've given, this seems like a reasonable approach. I was in a similar situation when I got my hair transplant. 30 years old, receding hairline, good donor, relatively good genetics regarding hair loss, etc. With an in person consultation, you'll also be able to have the miniaturization levels of your hair tested to help predict any future loss and give you and the doctor a roadmap of sorts to help determine where you may be heading.

Make sure you do your research and you choose a surgeon with a proven track record who will help guide you to make the decision that is best for you. Meet with a few surgeons if possible and ask lots of questions.

It's promising as well that you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and reasonable expectations. This can be just as important as the surgery itself when it comes to measuring how happy you will be after the fact.

I think it would also be beneficial to you to consider Finasteride. If you're dead set against it, that's totally fine - just keep in mind that the reports of negative side effects are (in my opinion) over inflated and often can't even be traced back to the drug itself. It doesn't mean there aren't risks, as there are risks with any medication, ut they may not be as prominent as you've been lead to believe.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!