Iodine - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine

Default Iodine

Hello everyone. Just wanted to share this.
    I've started using iodine, applied to the scalp twice a week for about a month now and have an incredible amount of peach fuzz growing. Also, a lot less hair loss. Also have darker them peach fuzz growing closest to my hairline.

I used iodine while I was derma rolling to sterilize my scalp. Then read prettyfly started using it too and noticed a difference so I thought maybe there was something to it. After seeing results I did some searching online. There might be something to this. I'll keep you'll posted. I'm going to order colorless iodine and start using daily once it arrives.

they sell colorless? I've only seen the purple/brown

aldo, do you dermaroll twice a wee? results?

is the peach fuzz from the derma rolling or the iodine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Hello everyone. Just wanted to share this.
    I've started using iodine, applied to the scalp twice a week for about a month now and have an incredible amount of peach fuzz growing. Also, a lot less hair loss. Also have darker them peach fuzz growing closest to my hairline.

I used iodine while I was derma rolling to sterilize my scalp. Then read prettyfly started using it too and noticed a difference so I thought maybe there was something to it. After seeing results I did some searching online. There might be something to this. I'll keep you'll posted. I'm going to order colorless iodine and start using daily once it arrives.

I've read there's colorless but I decided to stick with my Betadine 10% iodine. Purchased Nascent iodine as a dietary supplement. I'll start using that once it arrives.

I rolled in the past, just started again 2 weeks ago(once a week) after the growth I've had from the iodine alone.

may i ask, why you stopped rolling? were you not seeing any results?
    I've read there's colorless but I decided to stick with my Betadine 10% iodine. Purchased Nascent iodine as a dietary supplement. I'll start using that once it arrives.

I rolled in the past, just started again 2 weeks ago(once a week) after the growth I've had from the iodine alone.

I stopped rolling because it was time for a break according to the study I was following. Then when it was time to start again, I got lazy to be perfectly honest. I had results. Mostly peach fuzz, some terminal growth and my hair seemed darker.

As of today, almost 2 months in with Iodine and 2 weeks of rolling, I have more growth then when I rolled for 3 months. I think the iodine is strengthening all the peach fuzz growth I had from when I rolled. For the 1st time ever, I have real hope of regrowing my hairline.

A few other things I've changed, I've cut back on Rogaine use for the past 2 months or so. Cutting down to just 2 applications a week now. My hair feels and looks so much better better now. I've also amped up my morning running routine. Lastly, I hardly ever drink alcohol or smoke weed now. Maybe that's what's causing my hair growth, I don't know but it all started right after the iodine use.

So your regimen is rolling once a week, and applying topical iodine twice a day? am i correct?

also, it nice to hear some actual feedback from someone who rolls. you mentioned a lot of peach fuzz, some going terminal. In the published study from india i think all of us read, the hairs looked, and were reported to be terminal. do you think the study was misleading?

I stopped rolling because it was time for a break according to the study I was following. Then when it was time to start again, I got lazy to be perfectly honest. I had results. Mostly peach fuzz, some terminal growth and my hair seemed darker.

As of today, almost 2 months in with Iodine and 2 weeks of rolling, I have more growth then when I rolled for 3 months. I think the iodine is strengthening all the peach fuzz growth I had from when I rolled. For the 1st time ever, I have real hope of regrowing my hairline.

A few other things I've changed, I've cut back on Rogaine use for the past 2 months or so. Cutting down to just 2 applications a week now. My hair feels and looks so much better better now. I've also amped up my morning running routine. Lastly, I hardly ever drink alcohol or smoke weed now. Maybe that's what's causing my hair growth, I don't know but it all started right after the iodine use.

Quote Originally Posted by cardib View Post
    So your regimen is rolling once a week, and applying topical iodine twice a day? am i correct?

also, it nice to hear some actual feedback from someone who rolls. you mentioned a lot of peach fuzz, some going terminal. In the published study from india i think all of us read, the hairs looked, and were reported to be terminal. do you think the study was misleading?
    Comparing my results to the study, it was very misleading but nevertheless, I had growth. You can look at my progress in my thread I made a while back, have pictures in there too. I had a good amount of growth with a few terminal hairs, some darker then peach fuzz and lots of peach fuzz.

Right now I'm upping my iodine use to every other day. Exciting stuff is happening, thinking about applying everyday. I roll once a week. It's been 3 weeks since I started rolling again.

I had growth with the iodine alone so I'm wondering if rolling

thanks for the reply.

how long do these peach fuzz hairs last before falling out?

Also, you mentioned wanting to apply iodine EOD. What harm is there applying it every day? How many times have you been applying it per week in the past?
    thanks

Comparing my results to the study, it was very misleading but nevertheless, I had growth. You can look at my progress in my thread I made a while back, have pictures in there too. I had a good amount of growth with a few terminal hairs, some darker then peach fuzz and lots of peach fuzz.

Right now I'm upping my iodine use to every other day. Exciting stuff is happening, thinking about applying everyday. I roll once a week. It's been 3 weeks since I started rolling again.

I had growth with the iodine alone so I'm wondering if rolling

I started topical application twice a week. I'm now applying every other day. I've read a lot of contradicting reports on iodine. The FDA suggested amount is next to nothing but Japanese people have incredibly high amounts of iodine in their system because of their diets and they look young and usually have a full head of hair.
    You have to do your own research and come to your own conclusion.
    As for me, I'm going to take 1 drop of Nascent iodine in water every morning and continue with my topical application every other day.
    If I have real growth down the line I'll post progress for all to see.
    My peach fuzz stays a long time. The longer ones have been there for over a year.

Great to hear it. I have Iodine at home. I had even spoken to my wife if it would be a good idea to apply a few drops on my head.

How do you make this application? How many drops? Apply and leave for how long? Thank you.