Iodine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vic
    • Apr 2014

The only other things I can attribute the growth to are either my morning runs- Blood flow to the scalp. Or that I've cut drinking and smoking weed.

I've even stopped my vitamins and stuff I used to take. So it's either the iodine or what I mentioned above.

Comment

• Vic
      • Apr 2014

Just wanted to post some research I've been doing about all this. New hair growth continues with each passing day. Lots of Darker then peach fuzz growth. Peach fuzz growth at my peak(center of hairline) which didn't show any signs of life after 2 PRP treatments or over a year of Rogaine use.

What I've read says that iodine is essential for the body to be able to use the hormones the Thyroid gland produces. HGH(Human Growth Hormone) being one of them. Without Iodine, not only does the Thyroid gland not function properly but even if it does function properly, the body has a hard time using the hormones produced without adequate Iodine. The Liver, a healthy liver that is, converts HGH into IGF-1 growth factor. Basically what Follicept's entire hair growth formula is centered around.

So what I'm thinking is, My morning runs on an empty stomach are amping up my HGH production. (Fasted high entensity training has shown to boost HGH production 700%) The iodine is making the HGH produced by my Thyroid usable which my healthy Liver then transforms into IGF-1.

Comment

• Soonbald
        • Apr 2015

hey vic, thansk for sharing all this. have you taken any pictures of your "new" hair regrowth? I did read a guy from the thread "ultimate hairloss protocol" he himself took a bunch of supplements and also mentioned the iodine. I take kelp powder everyday it taste like SHIT but kelp contains alot of iodine. I will also be buying that iodine oil or whatever it is to apply on the skin like you do. morning runs? hell why not will start that too I could need it anyway. thanks once again vic have a good positive day!

Comment

• funkville
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Vic
          Just wanted to post some research I've been doing about all this. New hair growth continues with each passing day. Lots of Darker then peach fuzz growth. Peach fuzz growth at my peak(center of hairline) which didn't show any signs of life after 2 PRP treatments or over a year of Rogaine use.

What I've read says that iodine is essential for the body to be able to use the hormones the Thyroid gland produces. HGH(Human Growth Hormone) being one of them. Without Iodine, not only does the Thyroid gland not function properly but even if it does function properly, the body has a hard time using the hormones produced without adequate Iodine. The Liver, a healthy liver that is, converts HGH into IGF-1 growth factor. Basically what Follicept's entire hair growth formula is centered around.

So what I'm thinking is, My morning runs on an empty stomach are amping up my HGH production. (Fasted high entensity training has shown to boost HGH production 700%) The iodine is making the HGH produced by my Thyroid usable which my healthy Liver then transforms into IGF-1.
          hey vic where do you get your Betadine Solution 10% iodine from?im based in uk and find it a tad hard to find.

Comment

• Vic
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Soonbald
            hey vic, thansk for sharing all this. have you taken any pictures of your "new" hair regrowth? I did read a guy from the thread "ultimate hairloss protocol" he himself took a bunch of supplements and also mentioned the iodine. I take kelp powder everyday it taste like SHIT but kelp contains alot of iodine. I will also be buying that iodine oil or whatever it is to apply on the skin like you do. morning runs? hell why not will start that too I could need it anyway. thanks once again vic have a good positive day!
            Hi, I haven't taken any pic because the growth isn't cosmetically significant yet. I think I've reached my limit on how many pics I can upload tho. I'll have to figure out a way to post pics when I do see a cosmetic difference.

Comment

• Vic
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by funkville
              hey vic where do you get your Betadine Solution 10% iodine from?im based in uk and find it a tad hard to find.
              I purchased from our local pharmacy. Try googling it. I'm sure it's available everywhere.

Comment

• funkville
                • Aug 2016

ok cheers

Comment

• Soonbald
                  • Apr 2015

VIC just be carefull dont use iodine so often or too much of it..too much iodine can make the thyroid dysfunction and you can die from it.

Comment

• Vic
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Soonbald
                    VIC just be carefull dont use iodine so often or too much of it..too much iodine can make the thyroid dysfunction and you can die from it.
                    Ya I've read that and I only apply every other day. It's been a few months so all is good. The thing is, I've read Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says should kill someone but when you look at Japanese people, they all look crazy young and I don't think I've ever seen a bald one...

Comment

• cardib
                      • Jan 2016

any updates with the iodine use?
                      Originally posted by Vic
                      Ya I've read that and I only apply every other day. It's been a few months so all is good. The thing is, I've read Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says should kill someone but when you look at Japanese people, they all look crazy young and I don't think I've ever seen a bald one...

Comment

• Vic
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by cardib
                        any updates with the iodine use?
                        Not much difference to report. The darkest and longest new hair fell out recently. No terminal hair growth. There are more darker then peach fuzz hairs tho. Those seem to be filling in my temples with every passing week but nothing cosmetically significant.

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Vic
                          Yeah but wouldnt you think japanese people have a separate gene pool from us which explains the MPB incidence a lot more then some random dietary thing? Maybe most japanese people have the ability to produce equol from soy and since they eat tons of soy that helps the few ones that are vulnerable to balding lower androgens and not go bald? There are a thousand better explanations then their iodine levels.
                          Anything is possible I guess but just seems towards the bottom of the list of possible explanations to me.

Comment

• Vic
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
                            Yeah but wouldnt you think japanese people have a separate gene pool from us which explains the MPB incidence a lot more then some random dietary thing? Maybe most japanese people have the ability to produce equol from soy and since they eat tons of soy that helps the few ones that are vulnerable to balding lower androgens and not go bald? There are a thousand better explanations then their iodine levels.
                            Anything is possible I guess but just seems towards the bottom of the list of possible explanations to me.
                            Could be exactly what you said. My comment is more about the FDA recommended Iodine levels and how wrong they are since Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says can kill you.

Comment

• Vic
                              • Apr 2014

Anyone see new growth?

Comment

• marklin
                                • Jan 2017

Vic, any update on your iodine treatment?

Comment

Working...