+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iodine

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Great to hear it. I have Iodine at home. I had even spoken to my wife if it would be a good idea to apply a few drops on my head.

How do you make this application? How many drops? Apply and leave for how long? Thank you.
    Hi, I put a few drops of Betadine Solution 10% iodine on a cotton ball and rub all over my head. I put it on when I get home from work and leave it on overnight. Wash off in the morning. About 14 hours. Every other day. That's all.

Since my last post Ive had more growth. The darker then peach fuzz hairs are almost fully terminal. There's too many new hairs to count. Seems like the peach fuzz is turning darker by the day too. I'm very excited!

Yesterday I put 3 drops to test directly on the temples.

The interesting thing was that when I put that, I got yellow stain. Both hands as the head. I tried to wash my hands, but the stain no way to clean. After 30 minutes, the skin of the hands and the head completely absorbed stains, impressive.

I'll try to make this application with a cotton swab on the head, every other day. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Yesterday I put 3 drops to test directly on the temples.

The interesting thing was that when I put that, I got yellow stain. Both hands as the head. I tried to wash my hands, but the stain no way to clean. After 30 minutes, the skin of the hands and the head completely absorbed stains, impressive.

I'll try to make this application with a cotton swab on the head, every other day. Thanks for the tip.
    Interesting, there's a theory on how one can estimate if they're low on iodine. It basically involves painting a patch of iodine on the skin. If the iodine is absorbed within 4 hours(color fades) then that person is lacking iodine in their system.

Report back if you have any growth please. Saw my first signs of growth within 30 days. Thanks!

very interesting my friend.. I saw betadine solution 10% on ebay. brownish color. from USA. its cheap too. im gonna try it. I sure hope you arent on finasteride or minoxidill tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    very interesting my friend.. I saw betadine solution 10% on ebay. brownish color. from USA. its cheap too. im gonna try it. I sure hope you arent on finasteride or minoxidill tho.
    I never took Finastride. I did use minox for about 16 months but started cutting down about 3 months ago. Never really grew anything. 1st month of stopping minox only applied once a day, 2nd month only twice a week and I haven't used any minox for about 2-3 weeks now.

The only other things I can attribute the growth to are either my morning runs- Blood flow to the scalp. Or that I've cut drinking and smoking weed.

I've even stopped my vitamins and stuff I used to take. So it's either the iodine or what I mentioned above.

Just wanted to post some research I've been doing about all this. New hair growth continues with each passing day. Lots of Darker then peach fuzz growth. Peach fuzz growth at my peak(center of hairline) which didn't show any signs of life after 2 PRP treatments or over a year of Rogaine use.

What I've read says that iodine is essential for the body to be able to use the hormones the Thyroid gland produces. HGH(Human Growth Hormone) being one of them. Without Iodine, not only does the Thyroid gland not function properly but even if it does function properly, the body has a hard time using the hormones produced without adequate Iodine. The Liver, a healthy liver that is, converts HGH into IGF-1 growth factor. Basically what Follicept's entire hair growth formula is centered around.

So what I'm thinking is, My morning runs on an empty stomach are amping up my HGH production. (Fasted high entensity training has shown to boost HGH production 700%) The iodine is making the HGH produced by my Thyroid usable which my healthy Liver then transforms into IGF-1.

hey vic, thansk for sharing all this. have you taken any pictures of your "new" hair regrowth? I did read a guy from the thread "ultimate hairloss protocol" he himself took a bunch of supplements and also mentioned the iodine. I take kelp powder everyday it taste like SHIT but kelp contains alot of iodine. I will also be buying that iodine oil or whatever it is to apply on the skin like you do. morning runs? hell why not will start that too I could need it anyway. thanks once again vic have a good positive day!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Just wanted to post some research I've been doing about all this. New hair growth continues with each passing day. Lots of Darker then peach fuzz growth. Peach fuzz growth at my peak(center of hairline) which didn't show any signs of life after 2 PRP treatments or over a year of Rogaine use.

What I've read says that iodine is essential for the body to be able to use the hormones the Thyroid gland produces. HGH(Human Growth Hormone) being one of them. Without Iodine, not only does the Thyroid gland not function properly but even if it does function properly, the body has a hard time using the hormones produced without adequate Iodine. The Liver, a healthy liver that is, converts HGH into IGF-1 growth factor. Basically what Follicept's entire hair growth formula is centered around.

So what I'm thinking is, My morning runs on an empty stomach are amping up my HGH production. (Fasted high entensity training has shown to boost HGH production 700%) The iodine is making the HGH produced by my Thyroid usable which my healthy Liver then transforms into IGF-1.
    hey vic where do you get your Betadine Solution 10% iodine from?im based in uk and find it a tad hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    hey vic, thansk for sharing all this. have you taken any pictures of your "new" hair regrowth? I did read a guy from the thread "ultimate hairloss protocol" he himself took a bunch of supplements and also mentioned the iodine. I take kelp powder everyday it taste like SHIT but kelp contains alot of iodine. I will also be buying that iodine oil or whatever it is to apply on the skin like you do. morning runs? hell why not will start that too I could need it anyway. thanks once again vic have a good positive day!
    Hi, I haven't taken any pic because the growth isn't cosmetically significant yet. I think I've reached my limit on how many pics I can upload tho. I'll have to figure out a way to post pics when I do see a cosmetic difference.