+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DO i have hope

Default DO i have hope

Okay so ive realized my hair is thinning since i was 17 and i decided i had enough so im on minoxidil. Ive been on it for 3 weeks now and i was wondering if you guys think i have a chance. The first photo was from 3 weeks ago and the 2nd is now.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaL View Post
    Okay so ive realized my hair is thinning since i was 17 and i decided i had enough so im on minoxidil. Ive been on it for 3 weeks now and i was wondering if you guys think i have a chance. The first photo was from 3 weeks ago and the 2nd is now.
    Can I ask how old you are?

I would definitely start with propecia as soon as possible, so you slow down your hairloss (if propecia works for you, that is).

Definitely also use minoxidil (it works best on the crown, that's where i'm putting it on).

You might grow your hair a bit longer (about 1cm longer) and use a concealer like topik or caboki (i like caboki better because it sticks to the hair longer). It will work wonders.

But definitely start with propecia, before it's too late (I myself waited too long and I'm regretting it every day)

I'm only 18 and what about the side effects of propecia?

Here are some studies on propecia side effects:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

You could also try minoxidil for a year and see how it affects you hair and if there's no improvement, start with propecia (maybe a smaller dose for starters, 0.5mg every day for example)

At 18 years old?? Either that's EXTREMELY aggressive MPB and probably not worth fighting, or some kind of crazy telogen effluvium. What's your family history?

My dad has lost a lot of hair on top and he's 44 I'm not sure about my mothers side

If you are 18 and your hairloss is that advanced, I would just shave your head and forget it. The earlier the onset, the more aggressive the outcome.

It'z game ova, Sonny Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    If you are 18 and your hairloss is that advanced, I would just shave your head and forget it. The earlier the onset, the more aggressive the outcome.

It'z game ova, Sonny Jim.
    Come on man, don't be so discouraging.

BubbaL - you still have plenty of hair and I think you might try propecia to slow down hair loss and save as much hair as possible. Who knows, in 5 years there could be histogen, replicel and other treatments that will help us get more hair. So it's not all over yet.

Good thing you're using minoxidil and I hope it works for you, but you should wait at least 6 months to see some results.

Like others have said, that's pretty advanced for being 18. I also agree with the others.
    Rogaine is a good start, but it's not going to stop the hairloss. Also use topik for cover up for now, not too much though you don't want to see a night and day difference.

Keep the sides and back short and grow out the top, avoid wetting your hair as well, the pic on the right looks wet?
    As others said get on Finasteride right away if you want a head start on this...but it's a long-uphill battle. I think you have a nice head for a buzzcut, maybe beat the hair to it and just shave it all off.
    If you do it now, people won't notice the hairloss, think you just changed your style.

If you want to keep your hair, you'll have to use all the three top methods and go through the comb-over phase. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaL View Post

Thats deep vertex balding at 18. i wouldnt even go meds.

shave today and forget about your hair tomorrow. its your best bet.