+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I don't believe in that at all, sorry. I am pretty sure I have standard MPB.

Natural remedies will waste my time. And I will have no hair left by the time I realize it doesn't work.

Finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole.

Thats works. Natural stuff, doesn't.
    Saying "that works" when refering to hair loss medicine is relative. Regardless of what you do, your going bald. Its going to happen. Its NATURAL.

I to started balding at a very young age, maybe a bit older than you. None of my peers or friends were balding yet, why was I?! This is the worst possible thing in the world, nothing could be more traumatic.

HT at 24.

Now I am 30 - friends and friends of friends my age are now also balding... now its not so wierd. Now I am stuck with scars on my head. Now I worry every day about what my hair looks like. Now, I want to be bald...

Yea it sucks balding at such an early age, it absolutley does. It was hard for me to live my life; play sports, go swimming, meet girls, ect. I know your only taking meds now, but when you dont get the results you expect, or want. Dont do what I did and jump into a HT. Wait it out, your outlook on life changes. Who you are changes and suddenly hair isnt the end all to life.

I wish someone would've talked me out of it at such a young age... slapped me around a bit and told me to man up and live my life. But all I had was doctors telling me how great of a donor site I had...

I won't go totally bald because I would probably kill myself before I do.

Also, yes... it sucks so bad being the only guy around your friends who is balding. It makes you the inferior one.

Bald people are ugly as hell. It's the truth. I am not even being dramatic here...it's just how it is. It looks terrible compared to hair. I looked ****ing awesome with all my hair a few years ago, now it looks a million times worse just because of some frontal hair loss. It's unbelievable. I didn't see it coming so fast. Because it ****ing wasn't suppose to come this fast.

Hair loss is such a pain in the ass for me right now. Minoxidil gives me horrible side effects now that just makes me get pains all over my body, especially around my heart. Gives me low blood pressure and gives me headaches...I am pretty sure that it is the minox. I am only using 2%...geez. I probably spent like $400 on minoxidil...so what do I do now with all this crap.

Also, everytime I use ketoconazole shampoo I seem to shed a lot more than I do when I just use any other shampoo. So again I don't know what the hell to do.

Finasteride has not given me any sides though...good thing.

I can't afford a proper hair transplant. But if I could I would have done it already. There are some good doctors out there and I just have to get a good look until better options are available in the future.

How damn frustrating is all this shit...

I hope I never 'get over' losing hair. As I've explained in other threads, this would involve lying to myself and ignoring the statistics that overwhelmingly show discrimination towards bald people, and to bald men in particular (remember, bald women are 'brave')

I agree with you on that.

Minoxidil gives me horrible side effects now that just makes me get pains all over my body, especially around my heart. Gives me low blood pressure and gives me headaches...I am pretty sure that it is the minox.
    Interesting. I've had strange side effects like that too that are hard to describe. Let's just I feel it just doesn't sit well with me. My body fights it. My heart rate goes up quite a lot too. I simply stopped it but considering taking it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I hope I never 'get over' losing hair. As I've explained in other threads, this would involve lying to myself and ignoring the statistics that overwhelmingly show discrimination towards bald people, and to bald men in particular (remember, bald women are 'brave')
    Lying to yourself? Lying to yourself and to others is cosmetically putting hair from the back of your head to the top of your head. If bald people are discriminated against, which I do not believe at all, its because they walk around embarrassed that something natural has occurred instead of embracing it and knowing your hiar doesn't define who you are.

I work in an industry where looks account for a lot; Pharmaceutical sales. If bald people were discrimated against, I wouldn't have my job.

Don't be so naive and ignorant. If you want to cover up something that naturally occurs to most men as they age, so be it. I have nothing against that ... but don't assume everyone that is bald has it worse then someone with hair. Its all about being comfortable with who YOU are. I learned that a long time ago.

And to that other guy who said "everyone who is bald is ugly"... maybe YOU losing your hair is a good thing, you need to grow up.

Stop letting your hair define who you are as a person.

Well... I was sure it was the minoxidil. Now I don't even know anymore.

I think I might be sick or something.

I used minoxidil for 2 weeks or so(A LOT OF IT) and I didn't get any sides. Now I am getting sides so perhaps it can't be minox. I am stopping it for 2 days to see if the sides come again later in the day. When I sleep I wake up fresh and the day gets progressively worse. I thought it was because I applied minoxidil... But same thing happened yesterday when I didn't apply it. I felt extremely sick yesterday. Today I feel better again...

I have nooooo idea whats going on.

Anyway:

My 15% minoxidil(*******-PLUS) and spironolactone(5% lotion) arrived yesterday with another month of finasteride.

I have been on finasteride for 18 days now.

My hair is the thinnest it has EVER been at this present time. I lose a lot of hair everytime I wash with ketoconazole shampoo. Although I love it since it makes my scalp feel much better. But I might be over doing it. I am only going to use it every 3rd day now instead of every 2nd day. I might also just be shedding from the minoxidil that I used. But what only when I wash with the keto shampoo? Doesn't make sense...but on the days I wash with it I lose about 3 times more hair or so than when I don't. Pretty sure of that too.

I am really hoping that I don't have minoxidil side effects and that it is something else because I have like a year supply of the stuff and it cost me a lot of money...but most of all...it is the only hope I have for regrowth.

I have some spironolactone in my hair at the moment. It does smell pretty foul. But only if you put it right next to your nose. I think putting this on at night is a great idea. Also, if I just use a small amount it will last me almost forever.

Minoxidil 2% (13 April)
    Finasteride 1mg (21 April)
    Ketoconazole 2% (21 April)
    Spironolactone 5% (8 May)

Soon will use the ******* if I know I am not getting sides from the minox. Don't know what to do yet. I am not using the 2% at all right now to see what happens.

Thanks to whoever gives a crap about my progress.

I attached a picture of my regimen and the stuff that I use at the moment.

...because pictures are more interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Regimen.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	4776  

I attached a picture of my regimen and the stuff that I use at the moment.

...because pictures are more interesting.
    Wow - thats quite the arsenal... I understand what your going through... I've been there. I just posted my story on the boards, maybe reading it will help and maybe not.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2690

If I can find anything worth it I will continue adding things...although I doubt there is anything worth adding.

I read and replied to your story. I am glad you have had a successful life as a balding guy. But you have to understand that the same thing is not so easy for others.