+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ok, so I have been using rogaine 2% for about a week now. No shedding. I read that shedding is unusual. So hopefully this is normal and it is working.

I am using it everywhere on the top of my head. But mainly on the temples and the crown area.

I have finasteride on the way. 10-21 days shipping. I hope it gets here. I don't know if online pharmacies can just ship any pills to anyone...

We will see what happens...I hope I get the pills soon.

edit: I bought my finasteride from 4rx.com pretty cheap

Shedding unusual? I thought it was pretty certain? maybe its because you're only using the 2% solution? why are you by the way?

I can only get 2% in this country where I live. Not saying where i live though lol.

Sucks, I know. I have tried ordering it online a few times but shipping liquids is not allowed so I doubt the stuff will get here. I hope the finasteride that I ordered from 4rx gets here.

I have read on a few websites that not all people on rogaine shed. I think most dont.

I am just going to blog in here from now on.

Finally on the big 3 today.

I am using minoxidil religiously and also now took my first finasteride 1mg tablet today! I will shower and use Ketoconazole 2%, salicylic acid 3% shampoo. The ones from Dr. Lee.

Finally! I feel like I am doing something and that I can relax and go on doing what I do without being too conscious and distracted by the hair loss. I am less worried now. I hope I can reverse some of it so that I can wear my hair long again like I used to always want to, then my hair started going thin. I just need one of these products to help the thickness a little bit! Just a little bit. I think I stand a good chance...at least one of them have to work.

I plan on buying minoxidil 15% from Dr. Lee in the future once I have given the normal stuff awhile, I still have 10 bottles left. Which should last me 2-4 months since I use a lot of it, because it is only 2%.

If just one of these will increase my thickness....

I am seriously thinking of adding fluridil to my regimen. I will probably do so later this year.

It is going to start being hard to afford all of this though...

I will post pics soon if anyone cares. I have tons of pics

One week on finasteride now. No side effects what so ever.

I did get some ketoconazole shampoo in my mouth by accident when I showered though, I felt bad for like a whole day afterwards. My stomach hurt and my heart was racing and so on. Was only a small amount! Really small amount. Also, I felt really sick and could taste it for hours. Hehe, all that is gone now. Washed with keto today again and nothing. So must have been the fact it got into my mouth somehow...

Still using 2% minoxidil. But only once a day now but I still apply a lot. waiting for my 15%.

I am starting to shed a lot of hairs it seems...it must be the minoxidil(yes, only 2%. But I have used 4 bottles in 2 weeks! I was very paranoid. I am thinking it is definitely this reason why I am shedding. The 15% minoxidil will easily keep up the pace once I get it. Then in a few months I can hopefully see some regrowth. The shedding is very noticeable in the shower and on my hand if I run my hand through, it is definitely more than it always used to be. I am hoping this is a good reaction.

So, aside from getting the shampoo in my mouth...

I have had no side effects with anything.

I am still very curious about the minoxidil and wrinkles...and if it is true? Also, curious about sleeping with minoxidil on since it can spread all over your eyes and face.... geez I don't know anymore. I think I got some wrikles perhaps from minox? I am not sure but it does seem to be more wrinkled where I apply it. mhh.

This is why I am only going to apply minoxidil once a day, when I am done showering. So hopefully by the time I go to bed the minoxidil will not be able to spread to my face that well etc...

If anyone knows anything about that let me know...

Here we go... hopefully some regrowth follows after a month or 2.

I'd use the recommended doses. I mean, if you use shedloads of the stuff, how much more is actually permeating the scalp, and how much is just sitting on your remaining hair or dripping down the sink?

yeah, I agree I have cut it down quite a bit lol. I also use a different applicator now.

Do you believe in the sides I mentioned?

I've never heard of minoxidil and wrinkles before.

First you need to understand why hair loss occurs. In Cause of Thinning Hair and Baldness you'll learn that your hair loss has little or nothing to do with shampooing, hats, or any other practices. Alopecia is largely genetic.

Regardless of our differences, hair loss can affect anyone. However, there are a variety of gender and racial differences to consider. Age is also a prime factor. In Race, Age and Hair Loss these differences are explored.

» CAUSES
    In recent times, hair loss has become a common condition, especially among men although, the exact cause of hair loss is still a mystery. A number of things can cause excessive hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.

Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or under active, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment thyroid disease.

Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Since hair loss may be an early sign of a disease, it is important to find the cause so that it can be treated.

» PREVENTION
    Some forms of hair loss can be prevented by minimizing stress, eating a healthy diet and using sensible hairdressing techniques, and, if possible, switching to medications that do not cause hair loss. Hair loss from fungal infections can be prevented by keeping hair clean and by never sharing hats, combs or brushes with other people. Hair loss from hereditary-pattern baldness can sometimes be prevented by medication.

» REMEDIES
    The hair loss remedy should be chosen with the reason for hair loss in mind. You need to find out the actual cause. You will find a lot of natural hair remedies. The natural remedies are safe and risk free. If they do not work for you, you do not have anything to lose because it would not do any further harm to your hair. The first natural remedy is massage. If you can massage your hair for at least for some minutes everyday the blood flow to the hair follicles will be stimulated. This can also stimulate the growth of the hair. Other than this you will find some electric massage products which can also be of some help.

The next natural hair loss remedy is possible with the help of aromatherapy. You need to blend six drops of lavender oil and bay essential oils and use at least four ounces of almond oil, sesame oil or soybean oil as the base of the mixture. Then massage these oils into your scalp and sit for at least 20 minutes. This method has been used by various aroma therapists to stimulate hair growth. Natural remedies can be done at home and you do not have the fear of side effects.

I don't believe in that at all, sorry. I am pretty sure I have standard MPB.

Natural remedies will waste my time. And I will have no hair left by the time I realize it doesn't work.

Finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole.

Thats works. Natural stuff, doesn't.