+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Shedding unusual? I thought it was pretty certain? maybe its because you're only using the 2% solution? why are you by the way?

^spammerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

First you need to understand why hair loss occurs. In Cause of Thinning Hair and Baldness you'll learn that your hair loss has little or nothing to do with shampooing, hats, or any other practices. Alopecia is largely genetic.

Regardless of our differences, hair loss can affect anyone. However, there are a variety of gender and racial differences to consider. Age is also a prime factor. In Race, Age and Hair Loss these differences are explored.

» CAUSES
    In recent times, hair loss has become a common condition, especially among men although, the exact cause of hair loss is still a mystery. A number of things can cause excessive hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.

Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or under active, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment thyroid disease.

Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Since hair loss may be an early sign of a disease, it is important to find the cause so that it can be treated.

» PREVENTION
    Some forms of hair loss can be prevented by minimizing stress, eating a healthy diet and using sensible hairdressing techniques, and, if possible, switching to medications that do not cause hair loss. Hair loss from fungal infections can be prevented by keeping hair clean and by never sharing hats, combs or brushes with other people. Hair loss from hereditary-pattern baldness can sometimes be prevented by medication.

» REMEDIES
    The hair loss remedy should be chosen with the reason for hair loss in mind. You need to find out the actual cause. You will find a lot of natural hair remedies. The natural remedies are safe and risk free. If they do not work for you, you do not have anything to lose because it would not do any further harm to your hair. The first natural remedy is massage. If you can massage your hair for at least for some minutes everyday the blood flow to the hair follicles will be stimulated. This can also stimulate the growth of the hair. Other than this you will find some electric massage products which can also be of some help.

The next natural hair loss remedy is possible with the help of aromatherapy. You need to blend six drops of lavender oil and bay essential oils and use at least four ounces of almond oil, sesame oil or soybean oil as the base of the mixture. Then massage these oils into your scalp and sit for at least 20 minutes. This method has been used by various aroma therapists to stimulate hair growth. Natural remedies can be done at home and you do not have the fear of side effects.

I don't believe in that at all, sorry. I am pretty sure I have standard MPB.

Natural remedies will waste my time. And I will have no hair left by the time I realize it doesn't work.

Finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole.

Thats works. Natural stuff, doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I don't believe in that at all, sorry. I am pretty sure I have standard MPB.

Natural remedies will waste my time. And I will have no hair left by the time I realize it doesn't work.

Finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole.

Thats works. Natural stuff, doesn't.
    Saying "that works" when refering to hair loss medicine is relative. Regardless of what you do, your going bald. Its going to happen. Its NATURAL.

I to started balding at a very young age, maybe a bit older than you. None of my peers or friends were balding yet, why was I?! This is the worst possible thing in the world, nothing could be more traumatic.

HT at 24.

Now I am 30 - friends and friends of friends my age are now also balding... now its not so wierd. Now I am stuck with scars on my head. Now I worry every day about what my hair looks like. Now, I want to be bald...

Yea it sucks balding at such an early age, it absolutley does. It was hard for me to live my life; play sports, go swimming, meet girls, ect. I know your only taking meds now, but when you dont get the results you expect, or want. Dont do what I did and jump into a HT. Wait it out, your outlook on life changes. Who you are changes and suddenly hair isnt the end all to life.

I wish someone would've talked me out of it at such a young age... slapped me around a bit and told me to man up and live my life. But all I had was doctors telling me how great of a donor site I had...

I won't go totally bald because I would probably kill myself before I do.

Also, yes... it sucks so bad being the only guy around your friends who is balding. It makes you the inferior one.

Bald people are ugly as hell. It's the truth. I am not even being dramatic here...it's just how it is. It looks terrible compared to hair. I looked ****ing awesome with all my hair a few years ago, now it looks a million times worse just because of some frontal hair loss. It's unbelievable. I didn't see it coming so fast. Because it ****ing wasn't suppose to come this fast.

Hair loss is such a pain in the ass for me right now. Minoxidil gives me horrible side effects now that just makes me get pains all over my body, especially around my heart. Gives me low blood pressure and gives me headaches...I am pretty sure that it is the minox. I am only using 2%...geez. I probably spent like $400 on minoxidil...so what do I do now with all this crap.

Also, everytime I use ketoconazole shampoo I seem to shed a lot more than I do when I just use any other shampoo. So again I don't know what the hell to do.

Finasteride has not given me any sides though...good thing.

I can't afford a proper hair transplant. But if I could I would have done it already. There are some good doctors out there and I just have to get a good look until better options are available in the future.

How damn frustrating is all this shit...

I hope I never 'get over' losing hair. As I've explained in other threads, this would involve lying to myself and ignoring the statistics that overwhelmingly show discrimination towards bald people, and to bald men in particular (remember, bald women are 'brave')

Minoxidil gives me horrible side effects now that just makes me get pains all over my body, especially around my heart. Gives me low blood pressure and gives me headaches...I am pretty sure that it is the minox.
    Interesting. I've had strange side effects like that too that are hard to describe. Let's just I feel it just doesn't sit well with me. My body fights it. My heart rate goes up quite a lot too. I simply stopped it but considering taking it again.

I hate the smirk people give you when they see you are balding...I hate the looks. I hate the "wow dude, lift up your hair let me see where the hairline is?" questions...everything is annoying.
    ...is this a familiar experience shared among a lot of the readers on this forum? And by that, I mean "do you all have knuckle-dragging orangutans as friends?"

Ive had girls come up to me in class and looking at the back of my head and touching it and going "lol your balding!!!"

Oh and yes a LOT of people comment on it or at least you notice the facial expressions indicating they know.

lol...my one friend(not a prick like them) said, "Hey, did you cut your hair again recently?"
    I just said..."No, there's just not a lot of it." I was at a party thing at that time and happened to be in a good mood so I decided to make fun of myself. Blah......

I DO NOT want to be THAT d%@#%@#$% 'ing guy.

Dammit.