Is PRP hair loss treatment scam? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is PRP hair loss treatment scam?

Hello,

I am 33 years old and my genetic hair loss has become more aggressive in the last couple of months. I would say, now I am at NW2.5 - 3.
    Now enough is enough and I want to do something against my hair loss.
    But unfortunately the so called BIG3 (Fin,Minox,Ket) combo is not an option for me, since me and my wife plan to have a baby.

Besides the BIG3 combo, we now have also PRP as a safe alternative for hair loss treatment.
    But I can't find any positive independent user reviews in online forums regarding the PRP treatment. All I can find are some advertising before&after photos on some hair clinic websites...
    The PRP treatment has now been around for some time, but the lack of positive results/reviews makes me wonder, if it is all scam and nothing else but expensive snake-oil?

What do you guys think of PRP? If it can be helpful then I would seriously consider it. For me, it would be enough, if PRP can at least maintain my current hair and make the existing hair a little bit thicker. This would be actually a huge success for me...

Or is it just scam, where no results whatsoever can be expected? Furthermore, can it make situation even worse? For example, shock hair loss caused by injection trauma?

It doesn't do shit. It has been investigated for ages and if it was worth bothering with it would be known about by now.

Joe Tillman had it done few months ago, maybe he can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    It doesn't do shit. It has been investigated for ages and if it was worth bothering with it would be known about by now.
    So PRP is just bullshit... I really wonder, then why the hell is PRP still a thing in the media? People must realise by now PRP is just bull crap. Probably because of stupid suckers like me... But seriously, if doctors know that and still offer it just to suck insecure desperate people's money dry and they should be all sued or something. I mean, jesus, there are guys like Prasad who claim 99% success rate and charge 5000$ per session... Then why aren't these 99% people report any positive results? Where the hell are they? Really, not a single independent experience report in this forum with positive PRP result. Should government ban PRP to put an end to this consumer scam then?

What about then all the studies with positive PRP results? Are they also bought and scam?

The worst thing is that it makes your hair worse rather than giving positive results.Never go with it, its risky , i got huge shock loss with it and for Doctors who say it works, show me one single patient who has positive results on this website

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    The worst thing is that it makes your hair worse rather than giving positive results.Never go with it, its risky , i got huge shock loss with it and for Doctors who say it works, show me one single patient who has positive results on this website
    Hi navi,

Thank you for your reply and the warning about the shock loss. How bad was it? Did the hair grow back at least or were they gone forever? Do you think that PRP did anything against the hair loss? Slowing it down maybe? Or thickening remaining hair a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by baldwien View Post
    Hi navi,

Thank you for your reply and the warning about the shock loss. How bad was it? Did the hair grow back at least or were they gone forever? Do you think that PRP did anything against the hair loss? Slowing it down maybe? Or thickening remaining hair a little bit?
    No, it did not grow back. My hairline receded within a couple of months of doing PRP, my doctor kept assuring it will recover but it never did. And minooxidil also stopped working after PRP to the extent that until today I believe that PRP is still in action. NEVER EVER GO WITH ANY TREATMENT UNTIL IT IS CLINICALLY PROVEN.

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    No, it did not grow back. My hairline receded within a couple of months of doing PRP, my doctor kept assuring it will recover but it never did. And minooxidil also stopped working after PRP to the extent that until today I believe that PRP is still in action. NEVER EVER GO WITH ANY TREATMENT UNTIL IT IS CLINICALLY PROVEN.
    Thats what I thought... Just terrible!!! IMO PRP should be banned and the criminals who offer PRP should be thrown into jail!!! Seriously, not only is PRP a scam, it can make things even worse. Holy cow!!! So scary. For a brief moment, I've seriously considered to try out PRP as my last option to save my hair...

And seriously, there seems to be no one single person with positive PRP result in this forum. Wow, just wow! Screw PRP! You want my money? I don't think so!

Where is Joe Tillman? :-) I believe, he recently received PRP treatment. Would like to know what his opinions are regarding his PRP result...

Interesting blog:

http://californiahairsurgeon.com/new...atients-story/

Seems to be honest and realistic...