Is PRP hair loss treatment scam?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamo
    • May 2017

Its how the PRP is processed. There are a lot of inferior PRP processing systems on the market that are real cheap, test tube systems. You get what you pay for. Ask the hair restoration Dr or facility what system they use. It matters.

Emcyte PurePRP II system for PRP. ~ 30% more viable platelets and ~ 20% more growth factor in comparable samples, ie processed from the same person.

FYI, dont take anti inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, etc... for up to 10 days before your prp treatment and 14-21 days after treatment. The anti inflammatory can have a significant effect upon the platelets that the Dr is extracting from your blood. Schippinger et al Influence of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Platelet Function Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 3(6) 2014

Comment

• Vic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by dynamo
      Its how the PRP is processed. There are a lot of inferior PRP processing systems on the market that are real cheap, test tube systems. You get what you pay for. Ask the hair restoration Dr or facility what system they use. It matters.

Emcyte PurePRP II system for PRP. ~ 30% more viable platelets and ~ 20% more growth factor in comparable samples, ie processed from the same person.

FYI, dont take anti inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, etc... for up to 10 days before your prp treatment and 14-21 days after treatment. The anti inflammatory can have a significant effect upon the platelets that the Dr is extracting from your blood. Schippinger et al Influence of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Platelet Function Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 3(6) 2014
      The Harvest was one of the most expensive Prp devices when I had my treatment. My treatments cost $1600 EACH.
      When you say 30% more - 20% more... compared to what??
      To this day, the only results I've seen from PRP are posts from Docs soliciting patients. Not one patient has posted pics of improvement from a PRP treatment. If PRP worked, there would be a lot of people posting their success. Instead we have countless posts from patients stating shock loss, no growth, hair loss, etc etc etc resulting from a PRP treatment.
      FYI, we know about your FYI's. If you want to throw your money away, get a PRP treatment. Everyone on this site that's actually had the treatment has either lost hair or had next to no visible results.

Comment

• Vic
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by k9gatton
        Were the terminal hairs lost around the injection sites? The reason I'm asking is because I am actually considering it.

Now I'm not so sure.
        You should check this thread out about PRP from people who've actually had the procedure. First hand accounts of what PRP does.
        Hi everyone, I was using minoxidil for 1 year with good results and had a slightly bald crown(not visible much) and an almost straight hairline.i went for prp thinking that it would only improve my results of minoxidil and fill in crown while improving hairline as well.To my surprise within 3 weeks I lost a lot of hair with

Comment

• mrclean
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by k9gatton
          Were the terminal hairs lost around the injection sites? The reason I'm asking is because I am actually considering it.

Now I'm not so sure.
          Before you do it ask for at least 10 before and after pictures and see what they say. I bet they can't come up with more than 1. I would also meet with some of the people that had results.

Comment

• Unnat Dhanwani
            • Mar 2017

Hey Vic, how is your condition now? Did your hairfall stop? Did hair grow back?

Comment

• Unnat Dhanwani
              • Mar 2017

How is your condition now? Has hairfall stopped? Did some hair grow back?

Comment

Working...