Is PRP hair loss treatment scam? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    The world of hair is full of snake oil that comes and goes. It takes years and large unbiased studies to prove something works. FDA cleared is usually the first step to show its safe, does not mean it is shown to work. I would not rule it out yet, but we do not offer it for the reason that the science is not that strong. Since our background includes a PhD, it is a little harder to get things past us.
    Thank you for your reply. Actually there are now a handful of published studies, which show some positive effects of PRP treatment... But I don't understand, why PRP is not being investigated scientifically once and for all to show with certainty if it is effective or not. PRP has been out for some time now, it has been years actually, why are we still saying we don't know for sure... If it is definitive a scam, then it should be banned completely and nobody should be allowed to offer PRP... so frustrating....

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Well I just had it done. PRP with Acell. Hair is thinning but no baldness. Have baseline pictures so we will see. The clinical trial data, while small and not without criticism, is overwhelmingly positive

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1

    Default

    PRP Therapy is not a bad option. As you all know, that all medical results may vary person to person. If you think Fin, Minox, Ket is very effective, then you can check on the forums. There are many people who used these medicine and not got any satisfaction. That's why many experts said the hair transplant is the permanent solution.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I had 2 PRP treatments 6 months apart about 2 years ago. Complete waste of money. Had a HUGE shed, grew back some peach fuzz. Nothing even close to being cosmetically beneficial. Overall, I lost terminal hairs and grew some peach fuzz.

  5. #15
    Senior Member k9gatton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    I had 2 PRP treatments 6 months apart about 2 years ago. Complete waste of money. Had a HUGE shed, grew back some peach fuzz. Nothing even close to being cosmetically beneficial. Overall, I lost terminal hairs and grew some peach fuzz.
    Were the terminal hairs lost around the injection sites? The reason I'm asking is because I am actually considering it.

    Now I'm not so sure.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Its how the PRP is processed. There are a lot of inferior PRP processing systems on the market that are real cheap, test tube systems. You get what you pay for. Ask the hair restoration Dr or facility what system they use. It matters.

    Emcyte PurePRP II system for PRP. ~ 30% more viable platelets and ~ 20% more growth factor in comparable samples, ie processed from the same person.

    FYI, dont take anti inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, etc... for up to 10 days before your prp treatment and 14-21 days after treatment. The anti inflammatory can have a significant effect upon the platelets that the Dr is extracting from your blood. Schippinger et al Influence of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Platelet Function Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 3(6) 2014

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    Its how the PRP is processed. There are a lot of inferior PRP processing systems on the market that are real cheap, test tube systems. You get what you pay for. Ask the hair restoration Dr or facility what system they use. It matters.

    Emcyte PurePRP II system for PRP. ~ 30% more viable platelets and ~ 20% more growth factor in comparable samples, ie processed from the same person.

    FYI, dont take anti inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, etc... for up to 10 days before your prp treatment and 14-21 days after treatment. The anti inflammatory can have a significant effect upon the platelets that the Dr is extracting from your blood. Schippinger et al Influence of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Platelet Function Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 3(6) 2014
    The Harvest was one of the most expensive Prp devices when I had my treatment. My treatments cost $1600 EACH.
    When you say 30% more - 20% more... compared to what??
    To this day, the only results I've seen from PRP are posts from Docs soliciting patients. Not one patient has posted pics of improvement from a PRP treatment. If PRP worked, there would be a lot of people posting their success. Instead we have countless posts from patients stating shock loss, no growth, hair loss, etc etc etc resulting from a PRP treatment.
    FYI, we know about your FYI's. If you want to throw your money away, get a PRP treatment. Everyone on this site that's actually had the treatment has either lost hair or had next to no visible results.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Were the terminal hairs lost around the injection sites? The reason I'm asking is because I am actually considering it.

    Now I'm not so sure.
    You should check this thread out about PRP from people who've actually had the procedure. First hand accounts of what PRP does.
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...rever-it-seems

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Were the terminal hairs lost around the injection sites? The reason I'm asking is because I am actually considering it.

    Now I'm not so sure.
    Before you do it ask for at least 10 before and after pictures and see what they say. I bet they can't come up with more than 1. I would also meet with some of the people that had results.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey Vic, how is your condition now? Did your hairfall stop? Did hair grow back?

Similar Threads

  1. Hair Loss Treatment
    By jasmine222 in forum Women's Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
  2. Can any one help me on hair loss treatment
    By lucas0581 in forum Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 04:05 AM
  3. HairMax LaserComb Scam!!! I fell for the Laser scam!.
    By Laserhead in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
  5. Hair Loss Treatment?
    By Jackb in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 06:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dr Rahal Video Presentation - 2616 Grafts - FUT
Today 03:37 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 03:37 AM
Dr Rahal - 2616 Grafts - FUT
Today 03:34 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 03:34 AM
Experienced Finasteride help?
03-31-2018 11:24 AM
by Ben28
Last Post By robincurtz
Today 03:11 AM
hair loss poem
08-25-2016 11:26 AM
by yarmen
Last Post By agariogames
Today 12:51 AM
Careers
04-25-2010 03:56 PM
Last Post By Ahab
Yesterday 11:47 PM
link between dermatitis and propecia?
08-18-2015 08:29 AM
by Alex88
Last Post By BaldBearded
Yesterday 11:22 PM