+ Reply to Thread

Default Is generic finasteride really effective?

Hey guys, I've been taking Proscar for almost 3 years now. I live in Peru. The thing is for the last months Proscar and Propecia have been nowhere to be found, and I think they're not gonna sell it anymore here.

I've always been reluctant of getting generic fin because I've read stories here that it doesn't work. There's also no website that I know of that ships Proscar to Peru.

Now the options for generic fin here are one called Folcres and another one called Lopecia (both are 5mg, for splitting). I think the labs that make them are from South America.

Do you guys know of any of these brands? Is generic fin really effective?

Please, can anyone help?

I think if from a reputable manufacturer then generic finasterdie is fine.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Inactive

I have taken Finasteride (the generic form of Propecia/Proscar) and have found it to was as expected. I've never taken the brand name, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's widely accepted in the medical/pharmaceutical field that the generic brands are just as good as the name brand. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions to this, but I think that's a good general rule to follow.

And as Spex said, I think it has more to do with the manufacturer of the generic medication than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I have taken Finasteride (the generic form of Propecia/Proscar) and have found it to was as expected. I've never taken the brand name, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's widely accepted in the medical/pharmaceutical field that the generic brands are just as good as the name brand. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions to this, but I think that's a good general rule to follow.

And as Spex said, I think it has more to do with the manufacturer of the generic medication than anything else.

I dont know why people even ask this. If your buying legit generic fin then short of a some huge scam where a company is producing fakes its the same thing as propecia. The active ingredient is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I dont know why people even ask this. If your buying legit generic fin then short of a some huge scam where a company is producing fakes its the same thing as propecia. The active ingredient is exactly the same.
    The reason I asked this question was because I had seen people post about this in the past, so buying generic scared me. If I hadn't seen these kinds of posts I probably wouldn't have even asked. I think there are people that start doubting because maybe it's hard to know if the company is legit or not.

I've tried both (propecia and generic finasteride) and haven't noticed a difference. Finasteride takes at least few months for results, so you might just need to wait longer.