+ Reply to Thread

Default 18 year old receding hairline help

Hi, so long story short I'm 18 years old and have watched both my temples miniaturise and recede over the past 6-8 months...like they've gone back at least 1-3cm making it noticeable.
    Now my question is if I should use minoxidil or finasteride to treat/ regrow this lost hair. On both temples, the miniaturised hair is still clearly visible and I wanna know the best way to regrow this.
    I've brought a months supply of finasteride 1mg, but have come to the realisation that I shouldn't use it, firstly because of age (however I'm certain I'm done with puberty, full beard etc) and that I've read that minox will be better at regrowing the miniaturised hair?
    I basically need advice whether I should delay fin as hair loss is only frontal, and instead use minox for the next year or so? Also will fin be able to regrow the miniaturised temple hair??
    Thank you all

Minoxidil won't likely grow new hair at least nothing that's terminal, meaning real cosmetically acceptable hair. Finasteride won't likely either but it's much better at keeping you where you are or at least sowing loss down

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger321 View Post
    Hi, so long story short I'm 18 years old and have watched both my temples miniaturise and recede over the past 6-8 months...like they've gone back at least 1-3cm making it noticeable.
    Now my question is if I should use minoxidil or finasteride to treat/ regrow this lost hair. On both temples, the miniaturised hair is still clearly visible and I wanna know the best way to regrow this.
    I've brought a months supply of finasteride 1mg, but have come to the realisation that I shouldn't use it, firstly because of age (however I'm certain I'm done with puberty, full beard etc) and that I've read that minox will be better at regrowing the miniaturised hair?
    I basically need advice whether I should delay fin as hair loss is only frontal, and instead use minox for the next year or so? Also will fin be able to regrow the miniaturised temple hair??
    Thank you all
    I would start with Rogaine first and see what kind of results you get. I got good results when i was young. It may slow the recession at temples but don't expect a lot of regrowth in that area. Give it at least 6 months to see results and take pictures.