+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I Really want to be optimistic but I just don't think this thing will be commercially available in 3.5 years. Humans have been around for a tiny fraction of a blink of an eye relative to other life and we were all born in a time where technology has allowed everyone to be seamlessly connected at all times. But damn, what I would give to have been born 20 years later and just avoid this mess altogether.
    True. Guys who are born now or have 10 years will be much happy in their lives, because probably they will have far better and effective hair loss treatments. Not only hair loss treatments, but also teeth or heart failure treatments. With other words, in next 20 years if you have enough money and wish you will also look very good.

Do you think this technology will be effective for guys without hair (egg head) / all hair cycles exhausted ?

If this works, assuming you have hair on the back of your head, then yes. Its, at its most basic level, is hair cloning I believe. Theoretically they would just clone enough hair to cover your scalp and implant it. Problem solved

But... I have nothing hair. Zero hair! I lost all because I took bad medicaments during many years at very high dose. Diffuse alopecia + extreme miniaturization of hair... to total baldness!

This treatment could it still be effective for me and other guys who have NOTHING hair?

Quote Originally Posted by willy31 View Post
    But... I have nothing hair. Zero hair! I lost all because I took bad medicaments during many years at very high dose. Diffuse alopecia + extreme miniaturization of hair... to total baldness!

This treatment could it still be effective for me and other guys who have NOTHING hair?

According to that graphic, they want to start with epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells from the back of your head where the follicles should be more resistant. Your follicles are miniaturized, but they should still exist, all I've ever read is that they don't go away completely. So you still have what sounds like is needed to grow new follicles.

Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

What medication was this and how long did It take you to lose the hair? It sounds like you had anagen effluvium.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray The Bald Away View Post
    What medication was this and how long did It take you to lose the hair? It sounds like you had anagen effluvium.
    Thank you for your answers.

I'm 24 years old. I took Prozac, Risperidone, Concerta at very very very very very high dose during 14 years (between 8 and 22 years). It's not a anagen or telogen effluvium. It's really a medicinal diffuse alopecia constant and permanent. I realized I loss my hair since 2010-2011 and the hair fall never stopped.

Same if I lost ALL my hair because medicament, do you think this technologie will be effective for me? If yes, why and how?

My medicinal baldness is the same result that AGA or it's worse and more difficult to treat.

I'm desperate, I need to understand and have hope.

My questions are very relevant. Many people no longer have any hair like me. Do we have any chances with future treatments such as cloning even without hair?

Thank you.
    William

Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

Thank you for your answers.

I'm 24 years old. I took Prozac, Risperidone, Concerta at very very very very very high dose during 14 years (between 8 and 22 years). It's not a anagen or telogen effluvium. It's really a medicinal diffuse alopecia constant and permanent. I realized I loss my hair since 2010-2011 and the hair fall never stopped.

Same if I lost ALL my hair because medicament, do you think this technologie will be effective for me? If yes, why and how?

My medicinal baldness is the same result that AGA or it's worse and more difficult to treat.

I'm desperate, I need to understand and have hope.

My questions are very relevant. Many people no longer have any hair like me. Do we have any chances with future treatments such as cloning even without hair?

Thank you.
    William
    It would depend entirely on whether or not the dermal papilla and epithelial cells are still present where your hair follicles are. Even though you are bald, there are most likely still follicles beneath the skin unless they were so damaged by the medication that they have experienced fibrosis. To be honest I've never actually heard of this type of hair loss. If you could link me a page or journal detailing it I might be able to look more in-depth to see if the follicular structures are still present.

Beard greft cloning ?