+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scalp Itch Gone

Default Scalp Itch Gone

New to the forum but Ive been a lurker for around a year maybe. One of the primary reasons I joined is because I see people post of MPB scalp itch a lot and want to share my success in that area so far.

Back in May I started applying pumpkin seed oil on my scalp 5 or 6 times a week before bed. Sometimes I would wash it off after a few hours, most often I would fall asleep with it and wash off next morning. After 2 or 3 weeks max, the itch was gone. Its been a little over two months and now I'm certain its 100% gone. It used to be whenever I would walk outside in the heat, get nervous in a social situation, or start working out/exercising and getting my blood pumping the my scalp would flare up. Now I have absolutely zero itch in any of these circumstances.

Its only been about 2 months and half months so I haven't noticed any regrowth yet. however I think I may need to start clearing/cleansing my scalp to begin seeing regrowth anyway. Because although the itch/tingling/burning inflammation sensations have gone away, I still have mild dandruff. Have not noticed any improvement there at all. So I started cleaning my face and scalp with baking soda last week to exfoliate and clear excess sebum that's clogging my pores and hopefully I will achieve a cleaner scalp. I have also started applying peppermint oil (diluted, but once I applied it neat, to my temples) to improve circulation. Keep in mind, the last two regimens were withing the last 3 weeks though, the pumpkin seed oil is what stopped the itch originally.

Anyways, I'm not promising regrowth or anything, just some relief for those of you who suffer that horrible scalp burning/itching sensations like me. I will answer any questions/ concerns about my regimen that you all may have. Also, this is my first post so not sure if I'm even in the right place...

Interesting. A few questions:
    1. Are you using any other treatments?
    2. Can you show us exactly what pumpkin seed oil you're using and explain how you're applying it?
    3. Have you noticed any change in hair shedding?

1. Not using any other treatments, aside from me mentioning that I recently incorporated baking soda (to exfoliate scalp and clear excess sebum) and peppermint oil (to improve scalp circulation).

2. Right now I'm using a 100% organic and non gmo pumpkin seed oil grown in Oregon from the company 'Seed oil company' Sounds generic I know. Any who, I bought it off amazon, as pumpkin seed oil is very hard to find where I live for some reason. Before I bought this bottle, I was using another organic 100% pumpkin seed oil from another company, cant recall the name now. It was also bought on Amazon. This was the original bottle I bought that stopped my itching in the first place and the current bottle I have has kept the itching at bay still. So its my opinion that any organic PSO should do the trick.

As for the application, I simply fill the cap with oil then dip my fingers in there and lightly massage it into my scalp, repeating this process till i have complete coverage. I cover my whole scalp with emphasis on the temples. I even massage it into the non- mpb areas of my head because I assume its good for hair health in general. Be warned though, it is not too pretty of a side. With all the oil in your scalp, you will look super bald. Anyways, I go to sleep like this most nights and wash off in morning. Also store the oil in a cool and dark place. It's sensitive to sunlight.

3. At first I thought I saw reduced shedding when I would rinse off in the morning, but sometimes when I'm at work and what not, I'll dry rub my scalp and see more shedding than I would like. So i cant really tell you. Plus I've heard that shedding isn't a good indication of mpb success anyways and that increased shedding is actually a sign of regrowth. So who knows. Only thing I can say for sure is that the itch is gone at least.

Thank you, I'm gonna give this a try. There's at least some evidence that pumpkin seed oil does reduce hair loss.