+ Reply to Thread

Default Will you test + for Roids if on Propecia?

I have heard that Propecia raises your testosterone level by suppressing DHT...I have been taking Propecia now for 2 years. I guess it is working, I havnt seen any dramatic loss in my hair other than what was already thin. My job has just started mandatory testing for "Performance enhancing drugs". I documented my Propecia with the Doc so I thought I was good...Now they put out that even if you are on "Prescription Testosterone Enhancements" that you will still be fired. I dont know what to do...I fear if I stop taking Propecia I will loose what I have kept of my hair. I have 6 months left on my current contract then I can try and transfer. Has anyone stopped taking Propecia for a short term and started again? If so what was the results? Any help/advice on this is greatly appreciated!

I think the raise in testosterone form Procpecia is minimal, so there is no reason to think you’ll test positive for anabolic steroids. Unless they are testing specifically for Propecia you probably will have no problem. I think the concern is the sports world is that Propecia might mask the use of anabolics.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

If you are taking Propecia and disclosed this information you should not have anything to worry about. The Propecia only elevates the testosterone levels minimally and most likely cannot even be measured. If you are really not taking any additional testosterone, I would not change your routine.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thanks for the replies! Now maybe I wont worry as much.

If they are testing for steroids then they are testing for anabolic steroids which differ slightly in there composition on a molecular level then naturally produced testosterone from the body male produce different amounts or levels of testosterone each person is different, however if you test positive for Deca Durobolin your screwed..

Well I have my urinalysis today I just learned...Probably not a smart move for my hair, but I stopped taking Propecia around the first part of June. Does anybody know how long does Propecia stay in your system? My company has a strict prcedure when it comes to this. I have provided my Prescription and a note from my Dr. I was told I would still have to go home if tested + but it would look good if I decide to fight it from home by getting a "more in depth" test once back in the states...