+ Reply to Thread

Default Transplanted Hairline behind Native Hairline?

Hi,

I had a transplant roughly 2 months ago. The doctor drew a hairline behind my native hairline because he said if we started that low it would look unnatural to have that much hair upfront and balding in the back. I'm fine with this approach but I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or how to deal with it? My native hairline has significantly thinned out but pieces, including one large puff are still there. Should I just shave that part or electrolysis it off maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    Hi,

I had a transplant roughly 2 months ago. The doctor drew a hairline behind my native hairline because he said if we started that low it would look unnatural to have that much hair upfront and balding in the back. I'm fine with this approach but I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or how to deal with it? My native hairline has significantly thinned out but pieces, including one large puff are still there. Should I just shave that part or electrolysis it off maybe?
    Hi Steve,

Yeah, I had this exact same approach. The doctor placed my new hairline behind the existing hairline and said I'd grow into it. He wasn't kidding. I grew into and then kept on going. No matter what else comes of this, he at least did you the favor of not lowering your hairline.

I'd argue however that having a balding look in the back with a lot of hair up front is not unnatural and I have personal friends with this natural pattern. Regardless, you may want to hang on to what you have and not be in a rush to get rid of any native hair. That seems counter-productive to the fact that you just spent thousands to get some hair back In all seriousness, I know what you're talking about and I'd suggest shaving the areas first. See how you like it. Maybe try Nair hair removal (just a thought) so that you don't have to shave it every day but so you don't permanently destroy it through electrolysis. At the very least you'll know what it looks like and this may help you decide if you want to make it more permanent.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors