+ Reply to Thread

Default Anybody tried profollica

I could not find any bad reviews on this product from searching the internet, but It could be due to it,s a new company.

This looks like one of the newer “all natural” bogus hair loss treatments. If you ever listen to Spencer Kobren’s show, you’ll learn that there are 2 FDA approved products that work for hair loss and that everything else being sold, especially these multifaceted product lines with shampoos and nutritional supplements are scams.

Default This upsets me

Everybody with there FDA approved. Come on people. Welcome to 2010.
    It takes a drug to get FDA approved. What natural product do you know for hair that is FDA approved. I am sorry, but I don,t want to put silicon dioxide, or yellow #4 or anything else into my body. I won,t trade cancer or erectile dysfuction for hair regrowth. Thank you.

Never heard of this product. But it is probably a scam like most other things are.

Unless it's extremely new then it should be popular and have a good reputation by now if it does work.

Though I have no idea. But stuff like provillus and so on are all scams.

There are certain herbal remedies rumoured to work on hair loss, such as saw palmetto and nettle root. People like Procerin serve a purpose because they compound all the available natural remedies into a single pill, which is actually cheaper than buying all of the supplements separately.

Whether they work or not are debatable. Products such as Procerin get mixed reviews - I have a hunch they might be useful if you start taking them early after losing some hair. However, there is little scientific evidence that they work.

I think that a lot of these 'all-natural' products are total bullshit. However, I don't believe that the only things that work are the ones that are FDA-approved. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Just take Rogaine and Propecia (which don't work at all) and then just accept hair loss until something better comes along? The FDA approval process is just such horseshit. In order for a drug to be approved, developers need millions of dollars just to push it through the proper clinical trials and even then it takes years and years just to get something approved. I cannot and will not wait that long and just 'accept' hair loss. Scientists do not have the money to push their drugs through clinical trials so in order to get a drug approved, the big pharmaceutical companies who have this kind of money need to step in and fund these clinical trials. And they sure as shit will not fund them if they don't believe that they can make any money in return for all of their time and effort. So therefore, very, very few (if any) experimental drugs will be approved by the FDA because it is just extremely time-consuming and ridiculously expensive to push these drugs or treatments through clinical trials to get them approved. That's why I believe a lot of the experimental stem cell treatments outside of the U.S. have not undergone loads of Phase 1,2, and 3 clinical trials; because no one has the money for it. And a lot of these scientists make more than enough money testing on mice so it wouldn't even be in their best interest to test on humans. I mean, I can list loads of scientists who have wons tons of awards and have spent their whole careers testing on mice without doing a damn thing to benefit humans. The only drugs that are FDA-approved for hair loss weren't even developed for hair loss; they just noticed that hair growth (however minimal it was) was a side-effect of these medications which were developed for other conditions. So all we have to treat hair loss are a couple of very ineffective medications that weren't even developed to treat hair loss and hair transplant procedures which don't generate any new hair and create permanent scars and pockmarks all over your head. Absolutely pathetic. I wish that some bald scientist who could empathize with what we're going through would just develop an effective hair loss solution and offer it overseas so we wouldn't have to wait forever for it to go through clinical trials and FDA approval. I mean, there are all of these studies indicating chemicals that could very well lead to robust hair growth yet have never been tried on humans. It's just inexcusable and downright maddening and frustrating.

So in conclusion, I believe that, like all of the other all-natural hair loss remedies, this one is full of shit too. The chemical 'Noggin' has been known to induce robust hair growth. So why doesn't anyone experiment with that, outside of testing it on mice for the 1,000th time? And offer the treatment overseas so we don't need to deal with 10 years of FDA trials!