+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shaved Head

Have you tried propecia? That together with rogaine and the lasercomb will definitely help keep what you have and also improve it to a decent extent, then get a hair transplant and your basically set.

From what I have read you sound successful. Surely you can afford a hair transplant? Have you considered it? I am might get one later this year and I am only 20...I don't want to have thin hair.

What have you tried so far?

and why artificial implants?

Seriously, if you get a hair transplant now you'll end up with weird bald patches in unnatural places by the time you're thirty.

For guys like us who began balding early, hair transplants won't work. Propecia will still give up on you after about 10 years of use, and then a massive shed tends to be the result. You'll end up looking like Joe Biden.

The laser comb really doesn't work and rogaine is useless on frontal recession.

I use dutasteride and it keeps what I have, but the dam will break sooner or later!

The only thing that reduces the misery of my hair loss is refusing to pass it on. I hate the gene with a passion and I take a huge amount of satisfaction that I'm going to kill the bastard.

By the time I am 30? As if I give half a shit about 10 years from now... in that time something will have probably happened to make hairloss a ton easier. If not why not just another hair transplant lol...I should have plenty of donor hair left. If I can use rogaine propecia and the laser comb to just maintain this should be a decent option.

I think there is more hope than you think.

I just feel I have to stay "alive" for the next 5-10 years sothat something can happen that would make those times easier. For now I will try to get on propecia. Already ordered rogaine and will get a transplant later this year.

My recommendation would be to become a recluse for 10 years. It's far easier than having to deal with people who look you in the forehead instead of the eye for the next 10 years.

In 10 years time, a 'cure' will be in the second stages of clinical trials and it will fail. That's what the 'cure' cycle is all about. Companies work on a 10 year cycle promising the earth, going into pre-clinical trials, growing hairs on an animal that doesn't go bald, then going into pre-liminary trials where the results are iffy, then onto second stage trials which prove the cure doesn't work.... then they abandon it and someone like Provillus buys the research and sells it as a cure.

The ultimate cure is castration. Wish I'd known that at 20!

WHY have you not tried hair transplants? They work...

When you commit to hair transplants, you have to commit to a life time of corrective surgery. I'm likely to be a Norwood VI by 40 (disgusting, I know, I've always been repulsed by baldness) and therefore the best I could hope for is this sort of thin, whispish comb over look by that age, with all my available doner hair.

That's a very expensive way of looking like Bobby Charlton, in my opinion.

Unless I can be sure of the reliability of dutasteride over the long term, a hair transplant will not be a realistic option for me.

The only realistic option I have at the moment is becoming a recluse, which is cheaper and means I won't have to deal with lots of people with a lot on their head and nothing in it on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    You'll end up looking like Joe Biden.
    What's wrong with looking like Joe Biden? He's a handsome dude!

It takes MUCH less hair follicles to look better than you think dude...really go give it a try IMO or just look at some before and afters of younger balding people. Just delay it for now and do what you can NOW and just make it as best as possible until future solutions arise

I strongly advise you to think more carefully about getting a HT. Reputable hair restoration surgeons would probably turn you away at the door for having unrealistic expectations...