+ Reply to Thread

Default Miinoxidil SHED after regrowth. HELP!!!

Hey guys,

Its been almost four years I came to this forum. I was just coping with my hairloss and trying to accept my fate. Back then I was a worried and depressed 20 year old who saw, for the first time, the impending and ugly truth. Now I am much more relaxed, but it still hurts.

Anyways I decided to give one more go at Minox and have been using the 5% liquid form from last December. I also use Nizoral shampoo. To my pleasant surprise it started working. Within four months I was seeing some regrowth on my top and the fall was very less. I want to point out that I didn't experience any shedding. But it really was working, even my friends and family were commenting on how my hair was looking much thicker. I was happy.

But since last 3 weeks I have started a terrible shed and its getting worse by every passing day. I feel all the hair i regrew are falling again. Its heartbreaking. Have anybody else experienced this?? Any possible why this could be happening? I am using the same brand Minox, although they introduced a revamped packing and bottle. ANY HELP WELCOME !!

This is really common with minoxidil. If I understand it right, because it more or less synchronizes your hair follicles growth times, the hair's loss is roughly synchronized too? (Someone can probably correct me on that.) It doesn't mean the minoxidil isn't working for you anymore: all hairs have a growth phase and a rest phase; eventually a hair is going to fall out, that's normal and unavoidable. I believe the rest phase is supposed to be about 3 months, then the hair begins to regrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    This is really common with minoxidil. If I understand it right, because it more or less synchronizes your hair follicles growth times, the hair's loss is roughly synchronized too? (Someone can probably correct me on that.) It doesn't mean the minoxidil isn't working for you anymore: all hairs have a growth phase and a rest phase; eventually a hair is going to fall out, that's normal and unavoidable. I believe the rest phase is supposed to be about 3 months, then the hair begins to regrow.
    Thanks for the reply. I really hope what you're saying is true. And 3 months? I'll probably go full bald if keep shedding at this speed. I have decided to buzz off my hair. It makes everything easier. Keeping my fingers crossed.