Have you heard about the new "Spiro alternative"? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Have you heard about the new "Spiro alternative"?

Ok, so a few days ago I read in some blog that there's no more "s5 spiro cream"
    for sale at the other hair loss forum, and now, instead, there's something called
    "Follione DHT scalp therapy".

When you type on google "s5 spiro" just go to the first one link, and this is what you'll see: "From the makers of S5 Cream, the new liquid Follione replaces the old S5 Cream with an all-natural ingredient list focused on the same goal as Topical Spironolactone. A topical antiandrogen treatment to prevent further loss."

So, in other words, after many years of selling the spiro cream, we're stopping selling it for some unknown reason,(which we won't tell you) and we're giving you this, which is pretty much the same only completely different. Oh you had good results with the spiro and you want to get more? too bad for you.
    Apparently they have 2 kinds, one is an "alternative for spiro/fin" the other is an
    "alternative for minoxidil", of course they have a shampoo too, and even " Follione Liquid Nutrition": "Simply Add the Delicious FolliOne Orange-Flavored Liquid Nutrition to Your Diet and Give Your Hair a Powerful Supplement!" (It's real)

Of course I haven't found anything about this product on the web, no one is talking about it, and you know why? because it's a big pile of ****, doesn't work, won't work. Don't waste your time. They do what they want and they know new balding fellas will come along and throw their money on their heads, easily.
    Don't give them that pleasure.
    (I wish I'm wrong and it somehow does work)

Oh and these are the ingredients for the "DHT scalp therapy" (fin alternative):

Aqua, 5% Dimethyl Isosorbide, Glycerin, 3% Pyridoxine Cyclic Phosphate, 3% Propanediol and Arginine and Lactic Acid and Glycine Soja Germ Extract and Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract and Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, 3% Red Clover Eextract, 1% Ajuga Reptans Cell Culture Extract, 0.5% Fisetin, 0.5% Raspberry Ketone, Methylisothiazolinone, 100ppm Copper Tripeptide-1, 100ppm Acetyl Tetrapeptid-3, 33ppm Melatonin

and for the "Extra Strength Growth Stimulator" (minox alternative):

Aqua, 5% Dimethyl Isosorbide, 2% Pyrrolidinyl Diaminopyrimidine Oxide, 2% Oxothiazolidine Carboxylic Acid, 2% Propanediol and Arginine and Lactic Acid and Glycine Soja Germ Extract and Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract and Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, 2% Niacinamide, Alcohol Denat, 0.5% Fisetin, 0.5% Raspberry Ketone, Methylisothiazolinone, 100ppm Copper Tripeptide-1, 33ppm Melatonin

Truthfully this is very disappointing. I just headed over to *** to check out the product descriptions myself and in the 'How Does it Work' section the owner included his experience of maintaining his hair with Topical Spironolactone to lend credence to topical anti-androgens (I guess they're calling it a DHT blocker though by claiming it reduces 5-AR in the scalp??) being effective. I ran quick searches on most of the ingredients and found nothing that would tell me this is effective.

Raspberry Ketones have been discussed in years past, but as far as I know nothing panned out.

If anyone can point me to any literature attesting to the mechanisms these various ingredients act upon I'd be interested in checking it out, but right now most of the additives seem speculative at best.

Looks scammy as hell to me. I don't trust anything from the store on that site anymore

I have had the same issue, keen to use some S5 cream after hearing about good results on forums...but it is now off the market. Does anyone know of an alternative aside from this Follione stuff?

All natural? Guaranteed bullshit.

Default ...

What would you recommend as a topical dht inhibitor?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by GIJOE View Post
    What would you recommend as a topical dht inhibitor?!?!
    Well the only thing I can think of is RU58841, you can read all about it on this forum, here:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...41-Usage-Guide

God damn it.

Default Want the Spiro not the alternative

Seriously-I have no problems with businesses trying to make money but when there was a perfectly good product like S5 daytime and nighttime creams and they are replaced with what seems to be snake oil what happened? Does anyone know where topical spiro can be found? I know Dr. Lee used to sell it but he was shut down years ago for whatever and I would really love to find this product. I am not throwing my money away on this NEW Spiro Alternative" as I was totally happy with the actual spiro-I am not that gullible to think that this new product will be any viable alternative and I am very surprised that the website selling this product is, well, actually selling it.