Have you heard about the new "Spiro alternative"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrickfegan
    • Sep 2016

This is a reply I received for ***************** after I sent quite blunt message at my disappointment of removal of S5 cream. Why does it seem that there is so must nonsense stopping progress when comes to hair loss products.

The spiro was removed because the FDA decided it was illegal to sell online. You may or may not be familiar with the FDA Dr. Lee witch hunt of 2005-ish where one of the most esteemed names in hair loss (Dr. Richard Lee) was shut down and threatened with jailtime if he didn’t stop selling such inert things as: minoxidil in concentrations greater than 5%, topical spironolactone, and other completely harmless products.

Spironolactone is a prescription ingredient and for that reason it is illegal to sell online unless you are a pharmacy that the FDA recognizes. This is why the makers of S5 Cream were forced to stop producing and selling it, and instead were forced to come up with a formulation that the FDA doesn’t regulate: natural ingredients. These guys are honest and genuinely want to provide products that work. So they did their best to read the published data and find ingredients shown to act as antiandrogens.

Follione is no more of a scam than Revivogen, Folligen, Kourosh DHT blocker, or any of the other *adjunct* products we tell people to use in addition to Propecia and Rogaine. In fact there are literally hundreds of actual “scam” products for hair loss, and outright snake oils on the market. The adjunct products we recommend are so few in number that its almost comical. We could be selling countless products if we had no actual standards for what we carry.

That being said, the only solution the FDA has left everyone is to have your doctor contact a compounding pharmacy and request that they create a 2% cream or lotion with crushed spironolactone in it. You can also google for tutorials online on how to create your own. It’s not difficult. But its irritating and frustrating that anyone has to resort to this. I agree.

In any case – you have no idea how much time and effort I spent trying to find a way to get it on the shelf. It was either sell S5 cream or go to jail.

Comment

• doke
      • Jun 2009

Re spiro cream i think you can still buy it online i will check where i get mine from.

Comment

• doke
        • Jun 2009

Ok i see the s5 day and night for sale at ************ product site i also had a lotion spiro 5% if anyones interested i can find the site to see if its still available.

Comment

• Patrickfegan
          • Sep 2016

Hi I have been informed that they are going to have S5 cream back in stock in a month at Hairlossralk. Hope so. I dont want to resort to making my own

Comment

• Patrickfegan
            • Sep 2016

Does anyone recommend Kourosh ?

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Topical Spiro isnt sold at pharma level because these topical anti androgens risk exposure to other people - basically, at a molecular level, most topical treatments that someone uses he/she inadvertently ends up exposing everyone in the household to that particular chemical also.

Topicals get everywhere, just because you can't see it, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Stick to FDA approved meds only: Finasteride & Minox.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

There arent any - everything topical goes systemic, the liver wants to know what you're up to - the skin works with the liver.

Comment

Working...