+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This is the first time I hear about it tbh

yes it is no longer available

I know this is slightly off topic but I'm new here.

Is topical spiro a good enough option for women?
    I am using Keto 2% but want to block DHT better.
    Hormones are normal levels. I think im just slightly sensitive to it.

Betty, if you are either a cis or trans woman (I am transgender), then you might want to try oral spironolactone. Topical spiro does diddly squat in all the research I've read thus far. Spiro when systemic, does a pretty darn good job at nuking both any T and DHT in your system. If you are cis and have absolutely no intentions or chance whatsoever of becoming pregnant then the other 5ar inhibitors (fin or dut) might be worth researching if you have high DHT sensitivity, but those meds are virtually guaranteed to cause horrible birth defects so consider them to be highly dangerous in that regard.

Thanks for reply Ruby

I'm a 45 yo woman. Still fertile mertile regular lick clock work so I would have to take oral spiro with BCP which are combination kind i.e. Higher risk. Not really dangerous except at my age perhaps

I have mild AGA that was aggravated by low iron. So working to get iron back up but want to do minoxidil and I use keto2% and spiro either oral or topical.

Any men or women have some success with topical spiro?

This is a reply I received for ***************** after I sent quite blunt message at my disappointment of removal of S5 cream. Why does it seem that there is so must nonsense stopping progress when comes to hair loss products.

The spiro was removed because the FDA decided it was illegal to sell online. You may or may not be familiar with the FDA Dr. Lee witch hunt of 2005-ish where one of the most esteemed names in hair loss (Dr. Richard Lee) was shut down and threatened with jailtime if he didn’t stop selling such inert things as: minoxidil in concentrations greater than 5%, topical spironolactone, and other completely harmless products.

Spironolactone is a prescription ingredient and for that reason it is illegal to sell online unless you are a pharmacy that the FDA recognizes. This is why the makers of S5 Cream were forced to stop producing and selling it, and instead were forced to come up with a formulation that the FDA doesn’t regulate: natural ingredients. These guys are honest and genuinely want to provide products that work. So they did their best to read the published data and find ingredients shown to act as antiandrogens.

Follione is no more of a scam than Revivogen, Folligen, Kourosh DHT blocker, or any of the other *adjunct* products we tell people to use in addition to Propecia and Rogaine. In fact there are literally hundreds of actual “scam” products for hair loss, and outright snake oils on the market. The adjunct products we recommend are so few in number that its almost comical. We could be selling countless products if we had no actual standards for what we carry.

That being said, the only solution the FDA has left everyone is to have your doctor contact a compounding pharmacy and request that they create a 2% cream or lotion with crushed spironolactone in it. You can also google for tutorials online on how to create your own. It’s not difficult. But its irritating and frustrating that anyone has to resort to this. I agree.

In any case – you have no idea how much time and effort I spent trying to find a way to get it on the shelf. It was either sell S5 cream or go to jail.

Re spiro cream i think you can still buy it online i will check where i get mine from.

Ok i see the s5 day and night for sale at ************ product site i also had a lotion spiro 5% if anyones interested i can find the site to see if its still available.

Hi I have been informed that they are going to have S5 cream back in stock in a month at Hairlossralk. Hope so. I dont want to resort to making my own

Does anyone recommend Kourosh ?