Shedding and no growth at 3 months following 3,000 FUE grafts. Is there a problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FUEPatient
    • Apr 2016

Shedding and no growth at 3 months following 3,000 FUE grafts. Is there a problem?

I am 3 months post-op with one of the recommended FUE doctors. Almost 3,000 grafts were implanted in the crown area, with an average of approximately 2.6 hairs per graft.

Most of the transplanted follicles were shed between the 6th and 10th week, however small hairs keep falling out when shampooing. Almost none of these hairs have a bulb at the end. They just look like they've been cut.

Is this normal or does it mean something is wrong? Could touching the vertex area frequently have caused the hair to shed or not grow at the normal rate (the area was very itchy during the 4th to 10th week, so I gently touched it quite often)?

So far, I don't see almost any regrowth in the transplanted area, even when looking closely at the scalp. Is this normal at 3 months post-op?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • Nevyn
    • Sep 2016

Results start from 3 months upto a year. Shedding at the 3 months stage seems normal to me, also your existing or "Native" hair is still susceptible to shedding. Just give it time

Comment

• Driver
      • Nov 2015

This is a very hard time. Shock loss, bad cosmetic look, and lots of waiting before you see results. Hang in there. You will get there.

Comment

Working...