Restarting Propecia - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Restarting Propecia

I haven't used Propecia for a more than three years now. I stopped using it because of the fear of long-term effects. My hair fell off dramatically. I would say I am at Stage 6 of the Norwood-Hamilton Scale. I am thinking about using Propecia again. My dermatologist said it'll help me retain what I have left and maybe regrow some. I am in my early forties and guess this is like my mid-life crisis. Has anyone been in a similar situation with using Propecia, i.e. stop for a few years than restarting it again? What are your results? Did you have good regrow? Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    I have just come across this thread and thought I would post a reply even though it is a few months out of date.

I too have been on Propecia and stopped using it after about 8 months of use due to excessive shedding. I have just restarted using it after about 1 year in the hope that it will help against the continuous hairloss I have experienced since stopping it.
    I have only been back on it for about 4 weeks and have not noticed any results as of yet, although it is still too early to tell anyway. Basically I am hoping that it will put a stop to the excessive hairloss I am still experiencing and will keep an update of my progress over the upcoming weeks.
    Hope this helps.