Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbob1966
    • Jan 2012

What would you do in my position?

So I had 2,400 FUE done in Turkey 3-4 years ago, it was pretty unsuccessful, it didn’t grow as expected, out of the grafts that grew they are very thin and sparse, it was relatively cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for, so over the last few years I have further receded around the temples, so at the moment, I am combing back in the middle and combing out the sides to try and cover the baldness/bad hairline. I’m quite sick of trying to cover the front everyday with concealer etc. My crown has also started to thin out a bit, I have been on finasteride on and off the last few years, mostly off though, for example on for 3 months, get sick of side effects, libido, lack of energy, not sleeping properly, brain fog then quit for a year until I get concerned about hair loss again and start taking. For the last month I’ve been taking again, alongside rogaine 5% all over the hairline/mid scalp/crown, too early to say if it’s helping or not, but this time I’m determined to finish off all the products I’ve got at least.

I believe I’ve got enough donor at the back for another attempt at 2,500 FUE this time with a better surgeon (i.e dr fedurini or similar)

As my hairloss is not stable and I am still slowly losing ground, would another hair transplant be the right option for me? The alternative for me would to be not touching any meds that give me side effects so I would feel better in myself and getting one of the realistic hair pieces that I would get put in professionally every 3-4 weeks by a hair professional.

It’s a difficult choice for me as on one hand I do have quite a lot of hair left and it could be worth fighting the battle with meds and another transplant but I might not be able to achieve the result I want.

On the other hand the hair would look better with a piece as there would be no receeding around the temples and not as much daily maintenance, but maintenance every 3-4 weeks costing £100-£150 maybe.

If I switched to a piece now I could probably get away with it as I do have hair now, and I’d order density which isn’t massively different to how it is now, what would you do in my position? I will try and post pics later.
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

If you are able to post a pic.

Comment

• jimbob1966
      • Jan 2012

Here's some pics, with concealer, it looks better than it actually is really, if you were to brush back on the temples you would see almost 2 inches of boldness with some really sparse wirey hair,
      Attached Files

Comment

• jimbob1966
        • Jan 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	440860Click image for larger version

Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	440861Click image for larger version

Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	440862

Comment

• jimbob1966
          • Jan 2012

What's happened to this place? Is everyone a Norwood 1 these days? You used to get a few responses if you post a message.

Comment

• DAVE52
            • Sep 2010

OK I don't see what the issue is , it doesn't look like you've had work done , both ics look fine IMO

You talk about getting a piece where would you put it

Comment

• hanginginthewire
              • Nov 2015

I would get back on meds and try to consistently use them for awhile.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                • Nov 2009

Your hair looks find, how old are you

Comment

• jimbob1966
                  • Jan 2012

I'm 32, unfortunately the pictures don't really show what I'm talking about, I'll try and post a clearer photo later

Comment

Working...