+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I the early stages of a receding hairline? Will minoxidil help me at all?

I'm 23, and I think that I might be balding. Does it look like my hairline is receding based on these pictures (http://imgur.com/a/2qa9T)?

Also, I started using minoxidil foam a few days ago based on my doctor's advice. However, I've heard conflicting information about using minoxidil to treat a receding hairline and that finasteride would be better. Should I get a prescription for that or am I fine using minoxidil for the time being?

Hey man I'm with you on that. I feel I'm on the early stages also and it's been very stressful. I'm much older than you so I'm not sure if my receding line is just maturing or it's going to progress. A year ago I did start high doses of saw palmetto and beta sitosterol and I feel my shedding has been better and in the past year have noticed some thin hair on the line grow thicker and are now about three inches long. I started minoxidil once a day only on the hairline. the rest of my head is very thick in hair and nobody would really guess I was balding but I know I've lost at least half to an inch on my hairline since seven years ago. I'm also trying spironolactone cream twice a day and been very consistent for the past two weeks. Not sure if this helps but if anyone can help I also have the same question if it's ok to start using minoxidil in the early stages.